corner corner The Perfect Storm: A True Story of Men Against the Sea

The Perfect Storm: A True Story of Men Against the Sea
by Sebastian Junger | Nonfiction
Registered by authorauthor of Alexandria, Virginia USA on 8/21/2011

status (set by AnonymousFinder): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by authorauthor from Alexandria, Virginia USA on Sunday, August 21, 2011

Interesting, true adventure of man vs. hurricane, quite a bit different from the George Clooney movie. If you believe some of the people who were actually there, it's also quite a bit different from the truth! But it reads more like fiction than nonfiction anyway, and it does make a good story. Feels too long at times.

Journal Entry 2 by authorauthor at Potbelly Sandwiches (Crystal City) in Arlington, Virginia USA on Sunday, August 21, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (8/21/2011 UTC) at Potbelly Sandwiches (Crystal City) in Arlington, Virginia USA

I'm releasing this on the book buffet table at the BCinDC meetup.

Journal Entry 3 by wingmelydiawing at -- Geocaches, Virginia USA on Sunday, August 21, 2011

Picked this up at today's BCinDC meetup in Crystal City (Arlington), VA. I hope to continue its journey soon.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmelydiawing at Hyatt Regency in Atlanta, Georgia USA on Monday, September 05, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (9/4/2011 UTC) at Hyatt Regency in Atlanta, Georgia USA

Left on the ledge that surrounded the base of the weird metal pole thing near the Chicago room.

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Atlanta, Georgia USA on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

I found this book at the Hyatt in Atlanta during DragonCon. I had been considering buying this book so I was excited to find this copy. I thought it was a good book but reads more like a documentary than a novel. There is alot of technical info about fishing, weather and the life of a sailor.

I will be leaving this book somewhere in the Knoxville, Tn area sometime very soon!