corner corner Alice Bliss: A Novel

by Laura Harrington | Literature & Fiction
Registered by WifeontheRC on 8/18/2011

status (set by SeagreenEyes): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by WifeontheRC on Thursday, August 18, 2011

This is a poignant novel about a girl who is coping with her father's deployment to Iraq. As a military spouse myself, I could relate to so many aspects of this story, and my heart went out to this teenage girl whose world is turned upside down. Beautifully written and heartbreakingly realistic. Loved this book!

Journal Entry 2 by WifeontheRC at coldheart in -- US Military (all branches), Virginia USA on Saturday, August 20, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (8/20/2011 UTC) at coldheart in -- US Military (all branches), Virginia USA

Can't wait to see who finds it!

Journal Entry 3 by SeagreenEyes at Little Creek, Virginia USA on Saturday, August 20, 2011

I just found the book and I plan on reading it before I release it again. I myself am I military daughter, so I believe I could relate easily to this girl's experience, although my own father was never sent to missions as dangerous as this. Can't wait to start reading!

Journal Entry 4 by SeagreenEyes at Lynnhaven Mall - details in note in Virginia Beach, Virginia USA on Monday, August 22, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (8/23/2011 UTC) at Lynnhaven Mall - details in note in Virginia Beach, Virginia USA

On a table by the Starbucks on the ground floor