corner corner The House on the Strand

The House on the Strand
by Daphne du Maurier | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Liviebr of Berchem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on 8/16/2011

status (set by alexiapapa): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Liviebr from Berchem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Daphne Du Maurier ( Engelse editie)

Journal Entry 2 by Liviebr at Caf Wattman in Berchem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (8/16/2011 UTC) at Caf Wattman in Berchem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

Engels boek . Doorspekt met een zeker magisch realisme

Journal Entry 3 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Thursday, September 01, 2011

Dit boek lag nog steeds in de boekenkast van de Wattman. Ik had het boek bijna niet zien liggen, het lag half bedolven onder wat tijdschriften. Maar ik heb goed gezocht en gevonden. Leuk dat ik zo nog eens een boekje kan vangen!

Journal Entry 4 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (10/5/2011 UTC) at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

This book is on its way to someone who has it on their wishlist. I hope you'll enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 5 by Shahrun at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, October 08, 2011

I got this unexpected RABCK in the post this morning! What a lovely surprise! Thank you. I will read and release it.

If I have any books you want please message me and let me know. I will have a quick look at your wish list and if I have anything on it I will message you.

Journal Entry 6 by Shahrun at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Friday, August 21, 2015

I didn't find this a quick read, but it had me pretty engrossed and fascinated. Ms du Maurier crafts a great story, full of mystery and suspense. I thought she did a pretty good job of being Richard Young - the books narrator/main character - on his journeys into the past and their collision with his present. Apparently the people of the past in this book and places were real. How cool would it be to be able to visit the past and see exactly what happened! As long as there were no nasty side effects from it though...

Sorry to have had this book for so long. I have another reader in mind for it, so should be getting it moving again soon!

Journal Entry 7 by Shahrun at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Released 1 yr ago (9/1/2015 UTC) at Dagenham, Essex United Kingdom

This book is going off to surprise a fellow BookCrosser in Greece. It's one of 5 in a Wish Granting RABCK package. (I love being able to do things like this!!)

Safe travels little books!

Journal Entry 8 by alexiapapa at Larisa, Larisa Greece on Wednesday, September 09, 2015

This book arrived today with other four to make my day! Thank you so much!