corner corner The Gargoyle

The Gargoyle
by Andrew Davidson | Literature & Fiction
Registered by pingucb of Lower Kingswood, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, August 14, 2011

status (set by Cassandra2020): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by pingucb from Lower Kingswood, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, August 14, 2011

From the blurb: A young man is fighting for his life.
Into his room walks a bewitching woman who believes she can save him.
Their journey will have you believing in the impossible.

Very happy to have found a copy of this for my Uncon NSS partner as it's a book that I really enjoyed.
Reserved for Uncon NSS.

Journal Entry 2 by pingucb at BCUK Unconvention 2011 in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 04, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (9/23/2011 UTC) at BCUK Unconvention 2011 in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom

Releasing at the 2011 BCUK Unconvention in Nottingham.

Journal Entry 3 by wingLittleSuzwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, September 23, 2011

Thank you! Apparently this quite scary. Will save it for a cold winter's night.

Journal Entry 4 by wingLittleSuzwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, March 11, 2012

The early chapters in this are some of the most gruesome I've ever read. I was literally wincing at times, and not at all sure how the rest of the novel was going to pan out. But in the end I liked it. I liked the juxtaposition of the modern scientific world, and a world of historical fantasy. And the narrator grew on me as well.

A very interesting idea for a novel, and pretty well-executed, but not the faint-hearted.

Journal Entry 5 by wingLittleSuzwing at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/5/2012 UTC) at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Released at meetup.

If you are new to bookcrossing - welcome and congratulations for finding a book! Please leave a journal entry to let me and any other readers know where it has gone and what you thought of it.

Journal Entry 6 by Cassandra2020 at Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, April 06, 2012

caught at meetup - thanks

Journal Entry 7 by Cassandra2020 at Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, February 15, 2013

On reflection, I don't think I want to read this (a bit too squeamish), so will take on holiday to release

Journal Entry 8 by Cassandra2020 at The Mena House Hotel in Giza, Giza Governorate Egypt on Monday, March 04, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (2/28/2013 UTC) at The Mena House Hotel in Giza, Giza Governorate Egypt

Left on a table, upstairs near the main restaurant