corner corner Tommy Glover's Sketch of Heaven

Tommy Glover's Sketch of Heaven
by Jane Bailey | Literature & Fiction
Registered by countofmonte of Heanor, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Friday, August 12, 2011

status (set by Villette): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by countofmonte from Heanor, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Friday, August 12, 2011

Fiction.

Journal Entry 2 by countofmonte at Sound Bites in Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Monday, August 15, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (8/15/2011 UTC) at Sound Bites in Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom

Released.

Journal Entry 3 by dirtmother at Matlock, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Friday, December 02, 2011

Caught from the Green Way Café OBCZ

Journal Entry 4 by dirtmother at Matlock, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 01, 2012

I was attracted by the rather unusual title of the book (bit of a WWII theme going on on the OBCZ bookshelf that day) I somehow thought it might be a bit slight and perhaps a bit unoriginal (not exactly the first evacuee tale). It started well although I had a nagging doubt that it might be slightly unrealistic (which never quite left me) Very quickly though I realised that I couldn't leave it as my bag book as I really wanted to read more of the story before my next reading-in-the-car session.

It turned out to be quite a complex story and I very much enjoyed it.

Journal Entry 5 by Villette at Victoria, British Columbia Canada on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Just received in a parcel from Dirtmother...the subject matter interests me and I am looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 6 by Villette at Victoria, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I very much enjoyed this novel..reading it was a nostalgic experience.

Journal Entry 7 by Villette at Victoria, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (8/14/2012 UTC) at Victoria, British Columbia Canada

To be given to an expat Brit who will enjoy this as much as I did.