corner corner Mistress Of The Art Of Death (Mistress of the Art of Death 1)

Mistress Of The Art Of Death (Mistress of the Art of Death 1)
by Ariana Franklin | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingReetPetitewing of Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on 8/10/2011

status (set by love2cook): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingReetPetitewing from Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mistress of the Art of Death is the first in a series of medieval historical mysteries by the late Ariana Franklin.

This book has an unusual heroine. Her name is Adelia Aguilar and she is a trained doctor, very rare in the year 1171. Adelia is from Salerno, where women are allowed to attend medical school. Her speciality, however, is as a 'doctor of the dead' - in other words, she is skilled in performing autopsies and finding out the causes of death. When several young children go missing in Cambridge and the city's Jews are blamed for the disappearances, Adelia is sent to England to investigate.

Journal Entry 2 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Monday, August 22, 2011

Read the second book:
in July 2010.
Really enjoyed this book, I couldn't put it down.

Lent to Laurie at work.

Journal Entry 3 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Monday, October 17, 2011

Got the book back

Journal Entry 4 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Going to Moriquen for the Wishlist Tag Game.

Journal Entry 5 by wingReetPetitewing at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Friday, November 04, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (11/4/2011 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

going to Moriquen

Journal Entry 6 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

This really looks like the type of book I would enjoy. Thanks for sending it to me, ReetPetite!

Journal Entry 7 by Moriquen at Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Wednesday, April 03, 2013

I really enjoyed this book and look forward to getting my hands on the second one of this series. It is a basic and gruesome medieval murder detective, and it was exactly what I wanted. Exciting until the very last minute when Henry makes his appearance. Thanks for sending it my way ReetPetite. It will be travelling, by way of the Wishlist Tag Game, to motherof11.

Journal Entry 8 by Moriquen at Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Sunday, May 12, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (5/13/2013 UTC) at Broechem, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

On its way to motherof11. I hope you'll enjoy it!

Journal Entry 9 by motherof11 at Dalfsen, Overijssel Netherlands on Friday, May 17, 2013

This book arrived safely today. Thank you so much, Moriquen! I'm really looking forward to reading it! I love medieval mysteries!

Journal Entry 10 by motherof11 at Dalfsen, Overijssel Netherlands on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

What a great book! I enjoyed it very much! Thanks for sharing this with me, Moriquen!

Journal Entry 11 by motherof11 at Pearland, Texas USA on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (8/12/2013 UTC) at Pearland, Texas USA

This book goes to love2cook as a birthday present.
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 12 by winglove2cookwing at Pearland, Texas USA on Monday, August 26, 2013

Thank you for the mystery book. It sounds interesting and I know just who to send it to when I finish reading it.