corner corner A Prayer for Owen Meany

A Prayer for Owen Meany
by John Irving | Literature & Fiction
Registered by lightwavz of Detroit, Michigan USA on 9/21/2003

status (set by LeighBCD): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by lightwavz from Detroit, Michigan USA on Sunday, September 21, 2003

Found on bargain book day at the Dearborn AAUW or St. Clare of Montefalco Used Book Sales. I have already read and bookcrossed my other copy. This is one of my favorite books and I think that now that it has acheived a place on the BBC Top 100 Reads that it will be read more often now. A quirky, often hilarious and darkly bittersweet novel about friendship, love and loss. Prime John Irving!

Journal Entry 2 by usedtobe on Friday, November 28, 2003

Just received this book in the mail. Thanks for sending it to me lightwavz! :)

Journal Entry 3 by usedtobe on Sunday, December 19, 2004

I haven't read this book but I've had it for too long in my TBR pile so I decided to send it along to someone else.
It will now be going to LeighBCD in the UK as part of the Books With Names BookRelay. Hope you enjoy it and sorry for the delay! :o)

Journal Entry 4 by LeighBCD on Friday, December 31, 2004

Thanks for the great surprise Virgulina! I will look forward to reading this, I have never tried anything by John Irving before.

Journal Entry 5 by LeighBCD on Saturday, April 22, 2006

I tried to get into this book but I failed on a massive scale... it is a shame because John Irving is always a writer I wanted to try and like.

I will release this into the wild.

Journal Entry 6 by LeighBCD at Nightingale Lane in Clapham, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, April 28, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (4/28/2006 UTC) at Nightingale Lane in Clapham, Greater London United Kingdom

left at the bus stop - enjoy the book!