corner corner An Instance of the fingerpost

by Iain Pears | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Beecie of Westerville, Ohio USA on 8/5/2011

status (set by flewry): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Beecie from Westerville, Ohio USA on Friday, August 05, 2011

Don't stop....the book starts slowly. But once you start seeing how this "who done it" is different from most, the tension just keeps building through the end. Excellent read for a snowed in afternoon, or any other excuse to stay on the couch with a book.

Journal Entry 2 by Beecie at St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Friday, August 05, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (8/5/2011 UTC) at St. Petersburg, Florida USA

Released in support of Team Racecar in this summer's Bookcrossing Monopoly game. Hope you enjoy the book, I've included the basics for an English afternoon on the couch.

Journal Entry 3 by flewry at St. Petersburg, Florida USA on Tuesday, August 09, 2011

What a wonderful surprise!

The Wikipedia entry for my city of St. Petersburg, Florida, states that "with a purported average of some 360 days of sunshine each year, it is nicknamed 'The Sunshine City.' "

Today? Today was one of the five. Rain. Drear. The sun didn't show its face even even once.

So, my parcel of cozy English goodies arrived with impeccable timing!

My amazing package from Beecie of Team Racecar included An Instance of the Fingerpost, strawberry marmalade, chocolate cookies, tea, a lovely card, and a RACECAR! Just what I needed on this irritating, dreary day. A thousand thanks! :D

Journal Entry 4 by flewry at Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Sunday, October 04, 2015

Released 1 yr ago (10/4/2015 UTC) at Minneapolis, Minnesota USA

I have flagged this to read on Kindle so I can let this copy go. Thanks for sharing it! I have such fond memories of BC Monopoly. :) It is now traveling in my Fiction and Literature bookbox.