corner corner Ender's Game

Ender's Game
by Orson Scott Card | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by lilmztaz of Blythewood, South Carolina USA on 9/20/2003

status (set by loom91): available

Journal Entry 1 by lilmztaz from Blythewood, South Carolina USA on Saturday, September 20, 2003

will write more after this has been read
my husband read this in a day so i would say he enjoyed this book

Journal Entry 2 by lilmztaz at = Book Box in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Saturday, January 24, 2004

Released on Saturday, January 24, 2004 at Bookbox in Bookbox, postal release USA.

enjoy

Journal Entry 3 by R2 from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, April 27, 2005

This arrived in the mail today. Thank you Foovay.

Journal Entry 4 by R2 from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, May 30, 2005

I really enjoyed this book. It was hard to remember that this was just a little kid that they were doing all this to. The kid never had a real understanding of what he was being put through or why. Everyone he knows is used as a pawn to make him do what the government wants him to.
Seeing how he dealt with the manipulation and lies was interesting. His solutions give hope that mankind can overcome its darker nature.

Journal Entry 5 by R2 at Sent by mail in fellow bookcrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, March 16, 2006

Released 12 yrs ago (3/16/2006 UTC) at Sent by mail in fellow bookcrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

I am sending this to longfordmaine.

Journal Entry 6 by VPX-482879 on Thursday, April 27, 2006

Received in the post today fresh from a trip from Canada. I may take this on holiday next month.

Journal Entry 7 by VPX-482879 on Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I enjoyed the sequences where Ender was experimenting and practising with his troops at Battle School to become the ultimate army. I personally prefer my Sci Fi in the mould of Asimov but this was so different from the norm and I quite enjoyed it. In the spirit in which this book was received, I will seek out someone to pass this onto as a RABCK.

Journal Entry 8 by VPX-482879 at sent by post from Southall Post Office in via post, A surprise for another bookcrosser! -- Controlled Releases on Friday, June 30, 2006

Released 12 yrs ago (6/30/2006 UTC) at sent by post from Southall Post Office in via post, A surprise for another bookcrosser! -- Controlled Releases

Sent in the post as a RABCK to Loom91 as I noticed this book on their wishlist.

I hope you enjoy it!

Journal Entry 9 by loom91 from Kolkata, West Bengal India on Monday, July 03, 2006

I received this book in the mail today, came as a total surprise! Thanks to longfordmaine *hugs and kisses*

Journal Entry 10 by loom91 from Kolkata, West Bengal India on Monday, July 10, 2006

Finished the book. A very good read. The pschycological games were excellently described, and the climax caught me totally off guard. The moral dilemmas of the protagonist are really worth thinking about.

Though foovay did his best to ruin it all for other readers by giving a summary of the plot to the last page (even though he says "There's more", there actually isn't), I managed to tear off my eye from his entry as soon I got wind of what was happening, so he mostly failed. Future readers may not be so lucky.

Thanks again to longfordmaine.

Journal Entry 11 by VPX-482879 on Thursday, July 13, 2006

I had wondered what I had done to get such a rude message from foovay in my email inbox and then I realised that the message will have gone to everyone who has journalled this book.

I note from foovay´s BC page that she says:

Due to the rudeness of some members, I will no longer be participating in Bookcrossing. I see no reason to offer myself up for insults and slander.

So I cannot imagine that this was just her response to this one criticism. There must have been other upset people out there who have criticised.

I wish her well.

Journal Entry 12 by loom91 from Kolkata, West Bengal India on Thursday, July 13, 2006

Pretty strong reactions! Well, I hope she reconsiders her decision.

EDIT:- I'm not sure what happened here. I received a journal entry from foovay in my mail (it was hilarious by the way, made my day), but when I come here all her posts seem to have disappeared. Is this the support stuff at work?