corner corner Reversing Over Liberace

Reversing Over Liberace
by Jane Lovering | Literature & Fiction
Registered by LindyLouMac of Twywn, Wales United Kingdom on 7/25/2011

status (set by LindyLouMac): available

Journal Entry 1 by LindyLouMac from Twywn, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, July 25, 2011

Product Description Amazon.co.uk
Life, love and unlikely legacies. Willow runs into Luke, the university lust-of-her-life, ten years on and this time around he's interested--she's lost twenty pounds and found fashion. But their meeting turns out to be no accident. What is Luke really after, Willow or her new inheritance? Her best mate Cal is gorgeous and.well. gay. Then reveals himself to be more than a mild, unassuming computer geek and she is no longer sure exactly who is telling the truth or who to trust. Is anyone in her life what they seem to be? Add to the romantic confusion, twelve pairs of rubber boots, two elderly spaniels, a pregnant sister and the unexpected contents of a matchbox and you get a funny, touching story of a woman in search of revenge and getting what she needs, rather than what she thinks she wants. Warning, this title contains the following: graphic language.

Journal Entry 2 by LindyLouMac at Viterbo, Lazio Italy on Saturday, October 01, 2011

A heroine who is literally sick if she finds a man attractive and a nose as a legacy, really does this sound like my sort of book? Well when I first started out I did not think so either, but this comedy of errors grew on me. It is not a great literary masterpiece but I do not think that was what the author intended anyway. She has written a very funny story though at times I found it a little farcical for my personal taste. The title I also find far from appealing and would never have picked it to read.
It is the sort of comedy that I can imagine would translate well to television sit com status, no real memorable action but lots of laughs. The protagonist is Willow, the sibling whose family depend on her, although she seems to be incredibly naive. A lot of the time making me feel I wanted to shake her, I mean are there really people that are physically sick from nerves all over people they fancy!! Quirky characters, awkward situations and laugh out loud lines kept me reading. The reader realises a long time before Willow that she is being taken for a fool and I needed to know if she got her revenge in the end.
An easy read for a summer afternoon that will appeal to those looking for (to quote the back cover) ‘a funny touching story of a woman in search of revenge and getting what she needs, rather than what she thinks she wants.

For more information please visit LindyLouMac's Book Reviews

Journal Entry 3 by LindyLouMac at Viterbo, Lazio Italy on Monday, December 05, 2011

Dear Finder of this book,

You don't have to join or sign up or anything to bookcrossing to leave a comment here but if you do join, you will receive emails to alert you when others make a journal entry for this book and track its travels across the world. If you decide to join bookcrossing, now that you have discovered the site, I'd be delighted if you would mention me - LindyLouMac - as the person who introduced you to the site.

Happy reading

LindyLouMac

I am planning to release this book somewhere in Europe in the next couple of months. If you find this before I have done a Journal Entry please tell where you found it. Thankyou.