corner corner Going Loco

Going Loco
by Lynne Truss | Women's Fiction
Registered by Hendrickje of Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Monday, July 25, 2011

status (set by Caterinaanna): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Hendrickje from Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Monday, July 25, 2011

Lynne Truss says somewhere in this book that Lewis Carol never again could live up to the standard he set up for himself when he wrote Alice in Wonderland.

On the same note my expectations of Going Loco were very high, because I had read Talk to the Hand first. Therefore I was slightly disappointed. Going Loco is an amusing story with interesting morality, but I find the storyline confusing and not very exciting.

I did enjoy the references to Abba though;-)

Journal Entry 2 by Hendrickje at Strandpaviljoen Zoomers in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, September 03, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (9/4/2011 UTC) at Strandpaviljoen Zoomers in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Have fun!

Journal Entry 3 by wingmiertjewing at Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, September 04, 2011

Dit boek heb ik meegenomen van de Castricum meeting. Titel zet genoeg, ik ben benieuwd!

Journal Entry 4 by wingmiertjewing at Camden Court Hotel in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Sunday, April 08, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/13/2012 UTC) at Camden Court Hotel in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland

Hello, dear finder!You've just found a free BookCrossing book, and came to the site to make a journal entry. You've made me happy already!Please feel free to keep the book, or give it away to someone else. Thank you for taking the time to come to BookCrossing. I hope you'll enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 5 by wingwyldetwowing at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Friday, April 20, 2012

I picked this book up from the table of temptation at the Convention last weekend - sorry for the delay in journalling it. What a great weekend it was!
I have started reading the book now and am enjoying the craziness!

Journal Entry 6 by wingwyldetwowing at Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, April 28, 2012

What a crazy book! Taking it along to a meet-up today

Journal Entry 7 by wingwyldetwowing at Urban Coffee Company, Church St in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, April 28, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/28/2012 UTC) at Urban Coffee Company, Church St in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

I am bringing this book to this afternoon's meet-up at UCC. If not picked up by another attendee it will probably end up on the OBCZ shelf at the top of the stairs.

Thanks for picking up this book and coming to the BookCrossing website to find out what it's all about. Welcome to the addictive world of BookCrossing!

I look forward to hearing what you thought of this book, and of your plans for it.

Journal Entry 8 by Caterinaanna at Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Sunday, April 29, 2012

Picked up at April's Birmingham Meet-up.

Journal Entry 9 by Caterinaanna at Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Neville, the indwelling circus performing rat who personifies Belinda's 'depression' (air-quted because it sn't all it seems, but to explain would be a spoiler) is actually the most normal character in this novel which can most kndly be described as quirky. There's a Single White Female type stalkeress, cannibals, mad geneticists and nobody - or harly anybody - is quite wh they seemed to be at the start. The plot became very convoluted and increasingly incredible - rather too much so to be satisfying, because by the end I didn't really care what happened to anyone, even Neville. Sorry.

Journal Entry 10 by Caterinaanna at Wesleys coffee shop (Central Methodist Hall) OBCZ in Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, August 11, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (8/11/2012 UTC) at Wesleys coffee shop (Central Methodist Hall) OBCZ in Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom

Dear Reader,
If this is your introduction to Bookcrossing, welcome. Thank you for taking the time to call in here and tell us that you have found this book and, perhaps, what you have thought of it.
This book is now yours to do with as you choose. Keep it, pass it on, or leave it around for someone to find; but please leave the label so it can keep in touch with us. If you would like to share in its future travels, and find out what other people think of it, then do join us using the link at the top of the page: BookCrossing is free, private and fun!
And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me, CaterinaAnna, as your referring member.

Happy reading!