corner corner Swindle

by Gordan Korman | Children's Books
Registered by RCOUFan of Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, July 22, 2011

status (set by JennyC1230): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by RCOUFan from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, July 22, 2011

Book #1 in the Griffin Bing series: After a mean collector named Swindle cons him out of his most valuable baseball card, Griffin Bing must put together a band of misfits to break into Swindle's compound and recapture the card. There are many things standing in their way -- a menacing guard dog, a high-tech security system, a very secret hiding place, and their general inability to drive -- but Griffin and his team are going to get back what's rightfully his . . . even if hijinks ensue.

My Review:
This was a fun mystery story! It was fun beacuse it had a heist in the book because when Griffin and Ben were at The Old Rockford House Griffin found a Babe Ruth Baseball card. They only gave Griffin and Ben $120 but, when Griffin turned the t.v on the next day he saw the guy he had given his card to and the guy said that it was way more than what he gave Griffin and Ben.

I gave this book to my mom to read.

Journal Entry 2 by wingJennyC1230wing at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, July 22, 2011

My daughter gave this book to me to read.

Journal Entry 3 by wingJennyC1230wing at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My Review: This was a fun story! Griffin finds a baseball card and goes to sell it, the man gives him only $120 but the next day he sees him on TV telling about how valuable the card is and that he is going to sell it at an auction and could make hundred of thousands of dollars!

I'm giving this one back to RCOUFan, she is going to keep this on her permanent shelf for right now.