corner corner Wizard of Oz (Glitter Charm Book Series)

Wizard of Oz (Glitter Charm Book Series)
by Beth Roberts | Children's Books
Registered by erishkigal of Salt Lake City, Utah USA on 7/21/2011

status (set by slcbaristababe): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by erishkigal from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Thursday, July 21, 2011

We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz~~come on, sing along, we ALL know this :)

Picked this up in the 'pre-read' book store, so the pendant is with the first reader :( Added a pic of Glinda in it's place :)
For a Bookcrossing Monopoly release. And if you want to see how we play, you can find it HERE

Journal Entry 2 by erishkigal at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"Look, look, look to the Rainbow;
Follow it over the hill and stream;
Look, look, look to the Rainbow,
Follow the fellow who follows the dream. "

That's just what Bally is doing, following his dream to travel the world. :) And this Bally-book is getting ready to head to the Rainbow's end....

Journal Entry 3 by erishkigal at Cafe Marmalade in Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Thursday, July 28, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (7/28/2011 UTC) at Cafe Marmalade in Salt Lake City, Utah USA

left on an outside table as a themed release for Bookcrossing Monopoly.

sorry this pic is washed out :( but at least you can tell the shoes sparke :)

*********************************************************************************************************

Bally loves Rainbows, and has discovered his inner Balladeer, singing Rainbow songs since landing at Rainbow's End....

“Bally Hai may call you,
      Any night , any day.....”

Ok, that one doesn't have a Rainbow... still..... how about

“Rainbow
      Look me up, look me down,
      Rainbow
      You were fun to have around.
      I was dreamin' of the books I had to share....”

Yeah, Bally does take liberties with the words~only small ones, tho, like changing Marmalades' “love” to the more appropriate “books.”

And he changed a wee bit of his favorite to

“Birds fly over the Rainbow,
      Why, then~oh, so can I!”

And that's exactly what he's done~~ donned a pair of ruby slippers, flown over the Rainbow to it's West End at the Cafe Marmalade, and released this OZ book beneath the Rainbow flags of Utah's Pride Center.
Btw, Bally's quite taken with the shoes, and is now wondering how he'd do onstage as a 'Judy' impersonator? :)

Journal Entry 4 by erishkigal at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Sunday, July 31, 2011

To the finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, sharing their libraries with the world. This book is now yours to share with a youngling, read, enjoy, keep or pass on to another reader.

The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this actual book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels around from reader to reader.

BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a great deal of fun. Be on the lookout for other books left in the "Wild"!

Journal Entry 5 by slcbaristababe at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Tuesday, August 09, 2011

I'm the manager of Cafe Marmalade. I found this book while going out for my post work cigarette, the best surprise I've found in a long long while. I plan to pass it along as soon as possible.