corner corner A Shilling for Candles

A Shilling for Candles
by Josephine Tey | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by eastbaybookmisr of Oakland, California USA on 7/21/2011

status (set by eastbaybookmisr): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by eastbaybookmisr from Oakland, California USA on Thursday, July 21, 2011

1980 Pocket Books paperback of the 1936 classic mystery. I found this copy today in the free books pile on the porch of Dimond Library.

I can let this go after I read:
1929 The Man in the Queue [read 2012]

Edit December 15, 2017: This was okay. I skimmed most of it, but it seems to have been the basis for the great 1937 Hitchcock film, Young and Innocent, involving a strangled woman on the beach, a wrongly suspected man on the run, and a missing overcoat belonging to the belt which was used for the murder. I currently have this ranked at #676 on my ranked list of best-read books lately.

Journal Entry 2 by eastbaybookmisr at Little Free Library at 221 Sandringham Road in Piedmont, California USA on Saturday, December 16, 2017

Released 1 mo ago (12/16/2017 UTC) at Little Free Library at 221 Sandringham Road in Piedmont, California USA

... in the box.