corner corner The Girl Next Door: A Novel

The Girl Next Door: A Novel
by Elizabeth Noble | Women's Fiction
Registered by wingAnnimanniwing of Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 7/19/2011

status (set by Soozreader): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingAnnimanniwing from Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, July 19, 2011

From the back:

"What makes a house a home? For Eve Gallagher, home is miles away in England since she and her husband relocated to an apartment building on New York's Upper East Side. And life isn't remotely coming up roses.

What makes a neighbour a friend?

Violet has lived in the building for decades but she's always kept herself apart, until Eve's loneliness touches her heart and friendship blossoms.

What makes a wife a lover?

Jason Kramer in Apartment 6A is no lover sure he loves his wife, but his head-over-heels for Rachael Schulman in 6B.

What makes the girl next door the woman of your dreams?

Meeting Emily Mikanowski from 3A turns Trip Grayling's world upside down. It's love at first sight, but he needs help from Charlotte, the shy romance addict in 2A, if he's going to win the girl.

Dreams come true, hearts are broken and no one is left unchanged when the secrets and desires hidden behind closed doors are finally brought into the light."

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, June 14, 2013

Pure fluff, but heartwarming and engaging. Perfect summer reading :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingTaryawing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, July 04, 2013

I took this book from last week's BC meet-up in Restaurant Kaisaniemi. The book cover is lovely and although I'm not so fond of this type of literature, let's see if I manage to read this ;)

Journal Entry 4 by wingTaryawing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, December 06, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (12/9/2013 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Since my TBR book piles are growing and growing and since a certain bookcrosser in Porvoo seems to need letter N for the alphabet challenge, it's (relatively) easy to let go of this book ;) Btw, this book gives two, oh no, t-h-r-e-e points in the race :)

Happy reading and merry Christmas time!

Journal Entry 5 by Delenna at Porvoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, December 26, 2013

What an xmas suprise! A box full of bc-books! Thank you!!! And thank you for thinking of my alphabet challenge!

Journal Entry 6 by Delenna at Porvoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, January 13, 2014

A house full of people, a book full of characters. You get to know some more than the others. More of those who grow in their relationships. That's what it's about, relationships. Easy reading, mostly lovely (there are hidden tragedies as well as few not hidden ones).

Journal Entry 7 by Delenna at Helsinki-Vantaa Airport Book Swap (T2, Gate 30-31, Kainuu-tila) in Helsinki-Vantaa Airport Book Swap, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (4/12/2014 UTC) at Helsinki-Vantaa Airport Book Swap (T2, Gate 30-31, Kainuu-tila) in Helsinki-Vantaa Airport Book Swap, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

On my way to Belgium! Leaving this at the Helsinki airport Book Swap :)

Journal Entry 8 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I took this book with me to Spain:) I might not have the time to read it during the trip but at one point or another I will read this! :D