corner corner Decked (Regan Reilly Mystery Series, Book 1)

Decked (Regan Reilly Mystery Series, Book 1)
by Carol Higgins Clark | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by Snowboarderin of Aachen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on 7/19/2011

status (set by mafarrimond): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Snowboarderin from Aachen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Actress/writer Clark does her mother, Mary Higgins Clark, proud in this skillful cat-and-mouse debut. When Los Angeles PI Regan Reilly is in Oxford, England, for the 10th reunion of her semester-abroad college class, the body of her former roommate Athena is found buried in the woods nearby. Though Athena had disappeared at the end of term a decade ago, everyone had thought that the Greek girl had simply fled for home. Now Regan is appalled to learn that Athena was strangled to death. Another reunion surprise is the engagement announcement of shy instructor Philip Whitcomb, whom Athena adored. Once Regan realizes that she can't help the local police with their investigation, she agrees to accompany spry Lady Exner, who is Philip's aunt and was a friend to all the girls when they were in school, on her ocean crossing to New York. On board are also Regan's parents (her mother is a noted suspense author, her father a funeral director) and someone with plans to kill Lady Exner and her companion. Clark deftly ties the plot playing out on the ocean liner to Athena's murder in a suspenseful climax in this lively series launch.

by Amazon.com

Journal Entry 2 by grovalskii at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Friday, October 28, 2011

received the book today. Thanks Snowboarderin!

Journal Entry 3 by grovalskii at Zehlendorf, Berlin Germany on Friday, November 04, 2011

Well, this was not the most exciting book. At times quite cheezy and totally predictable, but at least there was some humor in it.

The book will travel to the Netherlands next.

Journal Entry 4 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Thursday, November 17, 2011

The book arrived safely today. I'm very curious, Snowboardering & thanks for sending, grovalksii!

Journal Entry 5 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Friday, November 25, 2011

I liked this book as the quick and easy read it promised to be. From the blurp: "Just right for a plane ride or, indeed, a cruise..." I used it while travelling by train and it helped me survive more than 2 cold hours on a foggy platform, waiting for the malfunctioning switches in the railroad track to be mended.
Thank you for sharing, I liked it!

Since the C-book has just started its journey to Into-the-Blue, I'll hold on to this one till the beginning of December.

Journal Entry 6 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Thursday, December 01, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (12/2/2011 UTC) at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands

The D-book will go to the next reader, Into-the Blue.
Ihope it'll arrive safe and soon. Happy reading :-)

Journal Entry 7 by wingInto-the-Bluewing at Stade, Niedersachsen Germany on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Received today. Thanks!

update of Jan. 12th. 2012:
I loved this book. I have never been a fan of crime stories so far so had never read any by this author. But I will be on the lookout for it now. The book was kind of funny and the story wasn't full of creepy murderers. Just the way I like a crime story to be.

Journal Entry 8 by wingInto-the-Bluewing at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Niedersachsen Germany on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (1/12/2012 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Niedersachsen Germany

The book is now travelling to ZAS, who is next on the ABC international roundabout. I hope you will enjoy it as well!

Journal Entry 9 by ZAS at Thrapston, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Recieved today, thank you! Looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 10 by ZAS at Thrapston, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Sunday, February 12, 2012

I wasn't keen on this to start with, but it grew on me. Predictable in some places, but not in others - a good light read.

Will be sending on to 3vie tomorrow

Journal Entry 11 by 3vie at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Thursday, February 16, 2012

received today, thankyou. will read in the next week or so.

Journal Entry 12 by 3vie at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I really loved this book. Regan was a likable character and the plot was nice and easy to follow. I have already bought the next book in the series Snagged ;0)

Journal Entry 13 by 3vie at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Thursday, March 01, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (3/1/2012 UTC) at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Sending to earthcaroleanne ;0)

Journal Entry 14 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Arrived yesterday. I've a couple in front but I'm sure they won't take long.

Journal Entry 15 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

This was an easy, light read and completely unbelieveable. Just a bit of fun.

Journal Entry 16 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (4/2/2012 UTC) at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

On it's way in the ring.

Journal Entry 17 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

with me now. Not sure if I am behind or others ahead but I haven't finished C yet. Will read before the end of the month (I hope)

Journal Entry 18 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 08, 2012

A quick read - likened to Agatha Christie but not as gripping for me. Will pass on to the next bookcrosser at the earliest opportunity :)

Journal Entry 19 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Sunday, May 20, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (5/22/2012 UTC) at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Posting off to ahabraken. Hope this one doesn't take as long to get there!
Enjoy.

Journal Entry 20 by ahabraken at Innsbruck, Tirol Austria on Monday, June 04, 2012

Received today - the next book in the ABC roundabout. I am wondering if there are always this many crime / mystery books in roundabouts?

Journal Entry 21 by ahabraken at Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, June 07, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (6/8/2012 UTC) at Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

A fun read - it reminded me a bit of Agatha Christies Miss Marple books and TV-series. Also very unbelievable (in my opinion), but still nice to read and take your mind of the daily things.

Journal Entry 22 by wingtrikwing at Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, June 17, 2012

The book arrived safely- thanks :o)

28.07.2012
Well, this was a nice read but nothing too surprising regarding the "cats & mice".

Journal Entry 23 by wingtrikwing at Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, July 28, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (7/29/2012 UTC) at Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

Off it goes - enjoy reading this book! :o)

Journal Entry 24 by elstaplador at Woking, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, August 05, 2012

Received in the ABC roundabout - thank you!

Journal Entry 25 by elstaplador at Woking, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, August 12, 2012

Needs a Britpicker, badly. I am not convinced that the author had ever been to England, let alone Oxford; the only way I could suspend my disbelief long enough to finish the book was to pretend that the landlubbing part of the story was set in some USAian theme park called 'Oxford' and abandoned in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean for cruise liners to travel to and from. Apart from the more glaring howlers (car numberplate bearing six figures and no letters; travelling from Oxford to Southampton on the M5; schoolgirls of 21 wearing blazers) the dialogue and internal monologues of the British characters were completely off.

Apart from that, the mystery was reasonably diverting, but this was a real struggle to finish.

Journal Entry 26 by elstaplador at sent to another BookCrosser, Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (8/25/2012 UTC) at sent to another BookCrosser, Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Sending on to mafarrimond. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 27 by mafarrimond at Hawarden, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, November 18, 2012

A little dated but a good murder mystery romp none-the-less.

Journal Entry 28 by mafarrimond at Hawarden, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, November 18, 2012

Released 4 yrs ago (11/19/2012 UTC) at Hawarden, Wales United Kingdom