corner corner Daughter of the Blood (Black Jewels Trilogy)

Daughter of the Blood (Black Jewels Trilogy)
by Anne Bishop | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Xana of Genève, Genève Switzerland on 7/16/2011

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Xana from Genève, Genève Switzerland on Saturday, July 16, 2011

To be released at the BC meeting in Brugge.

Journal Entry 2 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Saturday, July 16, 2011

Thanks for handing it to me at the meeting Xana. I really want to read it, especially after your rather cryptic description of the book. Thanks a bunch!!

(reserved for Ossiefry)

Journal Entry 3 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Sunday, August 14, 2011

Well, this is definately fantasy unlike I've read before. It was a strange and sometimes sick book. (The perversity that is Briarwood just made my blood boil, I can't help it. It made my stomach lurch several times.) I do admit however that I am intrigued and would like to read the second and third part in the trilogy (Heir to the Shadows and Queen of the Darkness) to see how Jeanelle fares, how she heals and how she is/becomes 'Witch'.
However there are some things that I didn't like about the book. I'm always a bit weary when a book starts with a list of things you need to know before you start reading. (Like the list of jewels and the explanation of the hierarchy.) I always feel that a good writer doesn't need to list these things up front, but should be able to explain them to a reader sufficiently along the way.
Thanks for handing the book to me Xana. I tagged Ossiefry in the wislist-tag-game with this book, so it'll be on its way to her in no time!

Journal Entry 4 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (8/25/2011 UTC) at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

On its way to Ossiefry who has it on her wishlist. I hope you'll enjoy it!

Journal Entry 5 by Ossiefry at on Friday, September 02, 2011

Thanks for sending this one, I hope I will enjoy it! :)

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Greensboro, North Carolina USA on Sunday, March 12, 2017

Looking forward to reading!