corner corner Justice Denied

Justice Denied
by J. A. Jance | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by erishkigal of Salt Lake City, Utah USA on 7/15/2011

status (set by erishkigal): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by erishkigal from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Friday, July 15, 2011

Another well-written mystery by one of my favorite genre authors. This is one of her Seattle detective J.P. Beaumont mysteries, which I enjoy, but not as much as the Joanna Brady ~~but that's totally my personal bias: I spent 20 years in Cochise County (AZ), so I enjoy recognizing the locales, plus I love having a woman Sheriff as the protagonist! If you're not me, you'll probably like these just as much, and if you live in Seattle, even better :)

In "Justice Denied," the victims are ex-cons, registered sex-offenders. Hard to have much sympathy. But, even slime-balls deserve justice (and it might be argued they got it, but that's a discussion or five), and we are reminded that all of them were part of someone's family/loved by someone who will hurt at their death. The questions of wrongful incarceration, the veracity of 'evidence,' DNA, and evidence trails also arise. So in addition to being a good mystery, the book does also give us food for thought and friendly discussion. Two thumbs up!

Journal Entry 2 by erishkigal at Farmer's Market, Pioneer Park in Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Saturday, July 16, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (7/16/2011 UTC) at Farmer's Market, Pioneer Park in Salt Lake City, Utah USA

left at the market as a free "passed GO" release for Bookcrossing Monopoly.

I'll be back later with complete notes, and pictures!

Journal Entry 3 by erishkigal at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Sunday, July 17, 2011

To Market to Market to buy a fat pig,
Home again, home~~OOPS~~that was passmaster in Twello.........

Team Boot decided we should help organize a “FREE BALLY” campaign when “Justice [was] Denied,” after we’d passed GO earning a FREE release.

Both Courthouse and Police Station were considered as most appropriate locations to mount said campaign, but security concerns being what they are these days, we feared that would necessitate promptly following FREE BALLY with FREE ERISH!

Sooooooooo, it was decided that Free Enterprise would have to suffice, and off Bally went to the Farmer’s Market in search of a next reader. Alas! he was promptly snatched by the Book Police (nefarious beings who believe books are to be hoarded not shared!), who threw him into the dreaded Book Prison.

But all was not lost~~with the number of bookcrossers ever growing, we are everywhere, and some of Bally’s friends got wind of this rampant case of “Justice Denied.” They quickly converged on the Market to stage a protest outside of the Prison, demanding Bally be set FREE!

Journal Entry 4 by erishkigal at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Monday, July 18, 2011

how to play
bookcrossing monopoly, should you want to take a look~