corner corner Viking 1: Odinn's Child: Odinn's Child No. 1 (Viking Trilogy)

Viking 1: Odinn's Child: Odinn's Child No. 1 (Viking Trilogy)
by Tim Severin | History
Registered by teggers of Mansfield, Massachusetts USA on 7/13/2011

status (set by Izzy5000): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by teggers from Mansfield, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, July 13, 2011

For the Historical Fiction Swap

Journal Entry 2 by teggers at Menai Bridge, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (7/14/2011 UTC) at Menai Bridge, Wales United Kingdom

Sending as part of Liberia13's Historical Fiction Swap.

Happy Reading

Journal Entry 3 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Oh, wauw. A wishlist book. This is wonderful. I wasn't expecting that. Thank you so much for sending it to me, I'm sure I'll enjoy it!

(reserved for Izzy5000)

Journal Entry 4 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Sunday, January 29, 2012

I am a little devided when it comes to this book. The beginning I found to be very slow and repetitive. Thorgills descriptions of Vinland seem to be all the same. The stories he tells aren't that exciting and the characters that are protrayed in the book all seem to miss a certain amount of depth to make them believable.
The book really started accumulating some more 'narrative speed' after Thorgills description of the battle only to fall flat again when he flees from the monastery and meets Eochaid.
I don't know what to make of it. I am curious to find out how defender of the Old Ways Thorgills ends up as the White Christ monk Thangbrand in the beginning of the narrative, but I am hoping that the sequel to this book (Sworn Brothers) is much better, or I won't even bother to read the last part of the viking trilogy!

Journal Entry 5 by Moriquen at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (2/1/2012 UTC) at Borgerhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

On its way to Izzy5000 as part of the wishlist-tag game. I hope you'll enjoy it!

Journal Entry 6 by Izzy5000 at Fort Collins, Colorado USA on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Thanks for this book! It looks stupendous!