corner corner News from the Store: Under construction

Forum | << BookCrossing Site Announcements | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

News from the Store: Under construction

Hi all,
Just letting you know that we're busy fixing an ugly problem with the Store. It was not working properly on Firefox; that seems to be better now (please test if you have that browser and some spare time!). But there are some cosmetic side effects that need to be mitigated, and that will take a few days. Basically, a lot of images are now looking weird and ugly, and will need to be replaced.

So please excuse the mess, it should be cleaned up soon. And we'll soon be able to welcome you in a Store that can be used on pretty much all browsers... and looks neat and tidy again, too!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hi all,
Just letting you know that we're busy fixing an ugly problem with the Store. It was not working properly on Firefox; that seems to be better now (please test if you have that browser and some spare time!). But there are some cosmetic side effects that need to be mitigated, and that will take a few days. Basically, a lot of images are now looking weird and ugly, and will need to be replaced.

So please excuse the mess, it should be cleaned up soon. And we'll soon be able to welcome you in a Store that can be used on pretty much all browsers... and looks neat and tidy again, too!
Profile Image
currently using Microsoft Edge from my laptop.
I noticed that while I'm signed in on the site, upon placing my order the store doesn't seem to recognize I'm signed in and optionally asks if I want to sing in or become a member. When I tried to sign in, it wouldn't recognize my password. No problem, as I simply used my e-mail and ordered, just saying.
Profile Image
I noticed that while I'm signed in on the site, upon placing my order the store doesn't seem to recognize I'm signed in and optionally asks if I want to sing in or become a member.

Is that happening still or was it before yesterday?
Profile Image
Wow, you're a very thorough tester :-D
Did everything work well?
Profile Image
Just checked, credit card charged, confirmation e-mail received, everything seems fine to me : )
Profile Image
Okay, thank you so much! I'll pass on the information on the sign up thing... that should not be happening.
Profile Image
There's a "Ask your friends for advice" link that wants one to log into Facebook. What's that about?
Profile Image
There's a "Ask your friends for advice" link that wants one to log into Facebook. What's that about?

I can't try it out because I'm not on Facebook, but as far as I know it's a way to post the product you are considering to buy on your Facebook wall and ask your friends whether they think you should buy it.
Profile Image
Just one thing though, when I went into the supply store to check the progress of an order I had placed, I couldn't find the "Your account" button that shows you what you've ordered and all that
Profile Image
I couldn't find the "Your account" button

Good point! It should be back now. The Store has lots of settings, it's not always so clear what they do and whether they have any side effects... so sometimes it comes down to experimenting a little.

Thanks for the feedback, all. Keep it coming! :-)
Profile Image
Ok :) Thank you for all your hard work
Profile Image
seems to be hidden on the start page of the Store behind the English and Greek picture. It does get visible though when you click a language to continue. But doesn't seem to function at the moment, for me it stays on €
Profile Image
doesn't seem to function at the moment

Yeah, that's the bigger issue... I'm looking into it. Thanks!

Okay, that's annoying. On Firefox, it is working but the drop-down menu literally drops down, all the way to the bottom of the page. You can then use it there. On Chromium, it's not working at all. Simply not opening.

The overlap seems fixed though.
Profile Image
On Firefox, it is working but the drop-down menu literally drops down, all the way to the bottom of the page.

Oh, gosh, I thought it wasn't working at all on Firefox. I tried earlier today, and it didn't drop me to the bottom of the page. Now it does, but the drop-down menu still requires me to scroll down.

Not working on Safari. When I click on the triangle thingy, it drops me to the bottom of the page, but the menu is nowhere in sight.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.