corner corner International BookCrossing Day Contest 2018: the winners are known!

Forum | << BookCrossing Site Announcements | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

International BookCrossing Day Contest 2018: the winners are known!

Hello, my bookish friends! I'm sure you're all eager to find out which design will be on the BookCrossing Day labels in the Supply Store this year. And I'm here to tell you.
It was a particularly exciting race this year; the numbers kept changing as the votes rolled in, and several different designs have been ahead at different moments.

But when the voting was closed, the third place was taken by dancing-dog and her lovely, lively mixed media art square. It depicts me winning a race... how fitting!

The second place is very well deserved by Jpix! This clever and colourful image shows me leaping from a bookshelf, and the shelf is filled with famous books. It's a fun puzzle to try and guess all the titles; if you want to check your guesses, here is the list. http://www.bbc.co.uk/---/top100.shtml

And finally, the first place goes to Azuki. She used a picture of the crossing on Abbey Road, made famous by the Beatles as the cover of their album of the same name, and turned it into Bally Road! Such a fun idea, it makes me want to start dancing in the streets. Wait, that's not a Beatles song...

Congratulations to all three winners! We'll be sending each of you a prize. Of course, Azuki will get a pack of her own labels.
Just like in previous years, I'm happy to say, every entry that you see here got several votes at least. All of these were some people's favorites!
And remember: if you see something you love, and you want to use it in the Bookplate Creator, just rightclick on the full-size image to save it to your computer. You can see all of them here: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/bcdayvote

As we speak, our Store Manager is working hard at making stickers and bookplates available with this year's winning masterpiece. You can expect to see them in the Store soon, and they will be available for purchase for several weeks. And all three prize winners can look forward to a prize package full of BookCrossing surprizes.

Thank you all for participating and for voting. BookCrossing Day is getting closer. Let's make it another good one!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hello, my bookish friends! I'm sure you're all eager to find out which design will be on the BookCrossing Day labels in the Supply Store this year. And I'm here to tell you.
It was a particularly exciting race this year; the numbers kept changing as the votes rolled in, and several different designs have been ahead at different moments.

But when the voting was closed, the third place was taken by dancing-dog and her lovely, lively mixed media art square. It depicts me winning a race... how fitting!

The second place is very well deserved by Jpix! This clever and colourful image shows me leaping from a bookshelf, and the shelf is filled with famous books. It's a fun puzzle to try and guess all the titles; if you want to check your guesses, here is the list. http://www.bbc.co.uk/---/top100.shtml

And finally, the first place goes to Azuki. She used a picture of the crossing on Abbey Road, made famous by the Beatles as the cover of their album of the same name, and turned it into Bally Road! Such a fun idea, it makes me want to start dancing in the streets. Wait, that's not a Beatles song...

Congratulations to all three winners! We'll be sending each of you a prize. Of course, Azuki will get a pack of her own labels.
Just like in previous years, I'm happy to say, every entry that you see here got several votes at least. All of these were some people's favorites!
And remember: if you see something you love, and you want to use it in the Bookplate Creator, just rightclick on the full-size image to save it to your computer. You can see all of them here: http://www.bookcrossing.com/bcdayvote

As we speak, our Store Manager is working hard at making stickers and bookplates available with this year's winning masterpiece. You can expect to see them in the Store soon, and they will be available for purchase for several weeks. And all three prize winners can look forward to a prize package full of BookCrossing surprizes.

Thank you all for participating and for voting. BookCrossing Day is getting closer. Let's make it another good one!
Profile Image
Congratulations to the winners! All of the submissions are so lovely.
Profile Image
All of the pics are very beautiful.
Profile Image
some lovely ideas. It was hard for me to vote and I see that my choice is one of the winners.
Profile Image
It was hard for me to vote and I see that my choice is one of the winners.

Exactly what I was going to say. So many excellent choices.
Profile Image
Congrats to everyone - they were all great. This contest was a lot of fun!
Profile Image
Awesome! Congrats to the winner, and thanks to everyone who submitted artwork!
Profile Image
Thank you so much, I am glad that others like my design too. Though I agree, there are so many lovely designs I think all artists deserve recognition. It is fun to see all the talents in every year's contest.

And congrats to fellow winners Dancing Dog and Jpix.

I told my hubby about the contest and he wonders if we won two tickets to Bordeaux... ha ha ha...

Profile Image

Woo Hoo!

Congratulations! This was fun--let's do it again next year!
Profile Image
All the entries were great! Congratulations to azuki and to my fellow runner up dancing-dog. This was fun!
Profile Image
I loved the 2nd and 3rd also. Well Done, everyone. I wouldn't know where to start!
Profile Image
I'm aiming for Friday.
Profile Image
I'm aiming for Friday.

Thanks!
Profile Image
I'm aiming for Friday.

Sorry, I'm not going to make it today... I have a bad cold and I'm finding it difficult to get anything done. :-(
Profile Image
I have a bad cold and I'm finding it difficult to get anything done. :-(

Take care and get well soon. Best wishes :-)
Profile Image
I'm aiming for Friday.

Sorry, I'm not going to make it today... I have a bad cold and I'm finding it difficult to get anything done. :-(
That explains why I didn't see them when I checked earlier. ; ) If I lived closer, I would bring you some homemade chicken soup. It is supposed to be good for what ails you. ; ) Take the day off, go home, rest, and feel better soon. Your health is more important that any supply store deadline!!! Hugs to you!!! XO
Profile Image
I'm aiming for Friday.

Take care of yourself! I hope you feel better soon.
Profile Image

Dear Moem

Get well soon! Plenty of rest, hot tea, lemon and ginger!
Profile Image

gws

get well soon !!
Profile Image
Thank you all for the well wishes! It seems they're working... I've just put the bookplates in the Store and after lunch I'll be working on the round stickers and release kits.
If you see anything weird, let me know so I can fix it!

Bookplates are here: https://www.bookcrossing.com/store#!/International-BookCrossing-Day-2018/c/22796101/offset=0&sort=normal
For your clicking convenience: https://tinyurl.com/bookcrossingday2018

(In Firefox, navigation by clicking on the pictures doesn't work but I've found that I can use this simpler version of the Store: https://bookcrossing.ecwid.com/ )
Profile Image
Thanks Moem, all looks good and I have put in an order.
Profile Image
Thank you all for the well wishes! It seems they're working...
Good news, inDEED, Moem!!! : D
I've just put the bookplates in the Store and after lunch I'll be working on the round stickers and release kits.
LOVE the perspective of the round stickers, and will be placing an order for a kit early next week once my monthly disability deposits. Lots of uncovered medical expenses has the funds gone long before the end of the month these days.
Profile Image
It was so hard to vote because all the entries were amazing!
Profile Image
Thank you Ballycumber, Moem and BC staff for the lovely little prize packet I received in the mail today. Fabulous! All will definitely be used :)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.