corner corner News from the Store: the BC Day supplies have landed

Forum | << BookCrossing Site Announcements | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

News from the Store: the BC Day supplies have landed

Good news. The colorful labels and stickers based on Necoconeco's winning design are now available in the BC Supply Store! Only for a limited time: they will disappear on April 1st, and that's not a prank.
We need enough time to get them out to you, after all. So order before that day, and if you're located outside of Europe (since we ship from Germany), please order them sooner rather than later! Ordering before March 15 is definitely a good idea.

You'll find the bookplates and stickers in your usual language section of the Store; the versions from previous years are listed there, too, so you have a nice range of options. Some of the earlier versions are now reduced in price. Time to go bargain hunting!

This year's bookplate is available in more languages than we ever offered before: Japanese, Croatian and Russian versions have been added, for a total of 13 languages. You will find all of them listed here:
https://tinyurl.com/---/bcd2017

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Good news. The colorful labels and stickers based on Necoconeco's winning design are now available in the BC Supply Store! Only for a limited time: they will disappear on April 1st, and that's not a prank.
We need enough time to get them out to you, after all. So order before that day, and if you're located outside of Europe (since we ship from Germany), please order them sooner rather than later! Ordering before March 15 is definitely a good idea.

You'll find the bookplates and stickers in your usual language section of the Store; the versions from previous years are listed there, too, so you have a nice range of options. Some of the earlier versions are now reduced in price. Time to go bargain hunting!

This year's bookplate is available in more languages than we ever offered before: Japanese, Croatian and Russian versions have been added, for a total of 13 languages. You will find all of them listed here:
https://tinyurl.com/bcd2017
Profile Image
Something I don't understand in the pricing - what is the -$7, +$9 and +$26 - the postal charges? I presume so but why nothing for the pack of 25? why minus 7? Or am I just tired?
Profile Image
If my math is correct, over-the-moon...25 are $14.95, so you would subtract $7.00 from the $14.95 for 12 making them $7.95, add $9.00 for 50 making them $23.95, and add $26. for 100 making them $40.95. ; )
Profile Image
Something I don't understand in the pricing - what is the -$7, +$9 and +$26 - the postal charges? I presume so but why nothing for the pack of 25? why minus 7? Or am I just tired?

(I think) The price shown ($14.95) is the base price--for a pack of 25 labels. If you want to buy a larger or smaller pack of labels, you add or subtract the amount shown from the price.
Profile Image
The price shown ($14.95) is the base price--for a pack of 25 labels. If you want to buy a larger or smaller pack of labels, you add or subtract the amount shown from the price.

That's exactly right, except the Store does that for you when you select the different packs.

The postage charge is the same worldwide and works like this:
Orders below $40 : $5
$40 to $59.99: $2
More than $60: Free shipping
Profile Image
Yes, exactly :)
Profile Image
Something I don't understand in the pricing - what is the -$7, +$9 and +$26 - the postal charges?

No, that's how the pricing goes up or down if you buy a bigger or a smaller pack. Try it out: it self-adjusts the total price.
Profile Image
thank you!
Profile Image
when I clicked the link at the top of the screen when I went in to BC today.
Profile Image
when I clicked the link at the top of the screen when I went in to BC today.

There are actually TWO pages on that link...and in the Supply Store...so there are FABulous labels from FOUR years to choose from. Very difficult decision, and now the Antivirus on the computer expired, so now that has to be renewed first. : {
Profile Image
I've been waiting with bated breath!
Profile Image
It would probably be a headache for the store manager (sorry!) but it would be fun - and very international - to be able to get, say, 1 of each language in a set of 12...maybe an idea for next year?

(I'd love to have a few in each language, but unfortunately a full pack for each one is more than I can manage.)
Profile Image
You're right! I would not consider that. Sorry, but there's already a lot of work involved and only so many hours in a day!
Profile Image
You're right! I would not consider that. Sorry, but there's already a lot of work involved and only so many hours in a day!

Yeah, I figured it would be too much work, but I thought maybe if you actually had them in hand it might be do-able...so I decided to ask, just in case.

I do occasionally get books in languages other than English, and I *try* to use a label with the appropriate language when I can. (Although I've yet to see a book in Croatian here, it could happen. The university has a few Croatian athletes, I believe, or at least they have had some in the past.)
Profile Image
The thing is, we don't have all those labels printed in bulk, we have most of them printed on demand. So I don't have them lying around.
If I did, I could create a Store product that was a pack of 12 different language labels, and grab them if someone ordered them. But as it is, that product would need to be created in the Store interface and consist of a list of 12 different templates to be printed, and I haven't any idea whether that's even possible, and what's more: I suspect your order would be the only one.

Let's just say that you have eclectic tastes. That's a Good Thing. :-)
Profile Image
Hello!
I don't know if there are enough people interested for the store to make it happen... but just to let you know - for what it worths- that me too I would like to have a package with labels in various languages. And I guess there might be some others too : )
Profile Image
Hello!
I don't know if there are enough people interested for the store to make it happen... but just to let you know - for what it worths- that me too I would like to have a package with labels in various languages. And I guess there might be some others too : )

Thanks DephiReader, it's good to know I'm not alone. :)

I knew it was a long shot when I asked, but I thought it might be useful for some of the Europeans. :)

Off to order a language or two...but not 12: that would kill the budget. :s
Profile Image
Hello!

Thanks DephiReader, it's good to know I'm not alone. :)

I knew it was a long shot when I asked, but I thought it might be useful for some of the Europeans. :)

Off to order a language or two...but not 12: that would kill the budget. :s

There are Labels with several languages on it:
https://www.bookcrossing.com/store#!/International-Bookplate/p/55697238/category=14896033
Profile Image
Yes, I know, but that's something different.
Profile Image
That is a way to have Labels in different languages. Hyphen8's suggestion is pretty much upheaval.
Profile Image
Maybe too much work for the International BC Day labels or to do this on a customised labels and the like, but there might be an option for some standard labels packs readily put together and available.
Profile Image
there might be an option for some standard labels packs readily put together and available.

That is more feasible, for sure. Still, I'm worried that people would want to pick and choose their languages, and no matter how you do it, it would mean having a LOT of different languages printed... that's a lot of stock. Unless, of course, someone could code a product that consists of a set of different labels to be printed on demand. I'm certainly not that someone, though!
Profile Image
lol I get you Moem. Throwing around ideas for the future is not a bad thing though, maybe for when you'll have an assistant or two? : )
Profile Image
Throwing around ideas for the future is not a bad thing though, maybe for when you'll have an assistant or two? : )

You're right, it's a very Good Thing. And hey, we can dream!
Profile Image
Edited subject line because the "RE:"s are getting ridiculous...

there might be an option for some standard labels packs readily put together and available.

That is more feasible, for sure. Still, I'm worried that people would want to pick and choose their languages...

It doesn't seem necessary to let people choose on an order-by-order basis. Some options: have a pre-determined set which contains languages x, y, z, a, b, c, etc. (listed in the description) and people can could take it or leave it. Or if you're dealing with stock in hand, have a *random* pack, guaranteed to have at least a certain number of different languages in it, and you (as store manager) would just grab whichever ones come to hand.

I'm not trying to twist your arm: I know that anything like this would be more work for you, so if it's just not a realistic option, then that's the way it is.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for a variety pack, since it would still be more practical (as a buyer) than trying to buy a full set of each type.

In this case, the 2017 BC day labels are available in a few languages not otherwise available, so that's part of what's tempting me (although I notice they don't come in Portuguese, which is one of the "standard" languages).

--

Ok, _this_ time I actually put my order in. I kept getting interrupted...
Profile Image
It doesn't seem necessary to let people choose on an order-by-order basis.

That's what you think. Because you're reasonable. Not everyone is reasonable. Let's leave it at that. ;-)

I notice they don't come in Portuguese

Oh hey! Holy oversight, Batman! They totally do but they were not listed on that page (just on the Portuguese page) because of a difference in the product name. All of this is pretty finicky.
But it's there now, thanks to you, so: good job! :-D
Profile Image
It doesn't seem necessary to let people choose on an order-by-order basis.

That's what you think. Because you're reasonable. Not everyone is reasonable. Let's leave it at that. ;-)

I notice they don't come in Portuguese

Oh hey! Holy oversight, Batman! They totally do but they were not listed on that page (just on the Portuguese page) because of a difference in the product name. All of this is pretty finicky.
But it's there now, thanks to you, so: good job! :-D

Well, there you go, you have the perfect explanation now. This year's BC day labels come in *13* languages. So a 12 pack isn't a good option to have because you'd need to leave a language out, and those people would complain. ;)
Profile Image
that product would need to be created in the Store interface and consist of a list of 12 different templates to be printed
Nice idea, but GOLLY GEE...it would actually be 48 different templates if you created them for ALL the designs of all FOUR YEARS that are currently available, and that's if you only did labels and no stickers. WHAT a LOT of WORK for such a short window of time!!! By the time all of the interfacing was ready so printing could even take place, there'd only be about one week at the end of March before a cut off date for those interested could even order, before the packing and shipping process needed to take place, so that those in areas where it takes the full 21-days shipping time to receive an order after you send it, would get them on time. After they DO arrive, they still need to be filled in and then placed in the books before the one day release event. Then you'd have leftovers and need to offer a variety pack of 2014-2017 labels, so you'd have room in the small store space for regular stock. MINDBOGGLING!!! ; )

YOU, and all you do just to keep regular supplies moving on a daily basis, are GREATLY APPRECIATED, Moem...let alone special even stock!!! : D
Profile Image
I don't really need any this year, as I have no unregistered books, but it would be a shame not to buy a few. They can wait till next year. :)
Profile Image
The winner receives bookplates with her/his label, but in english (like me last year). The problem is that I dont have a lot of english books to register so I cannot use them very often. Isn't it possible to print and to offer them in the language of the winner? German, french, spanish, italian etc. I think that the winners would apreciate...
Profile Image
Isn't it possible to print and to offer them in the language of the winner?

It's possible, it just takes extra time. And most people have *some* English books, at least.
Profile Image
Placed my order just now - and I'm already thinking of some in-tree releases to match the label art!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.