corner corner Int'l BC Day Contest 2017: the winners!

Forum | << BookCrossing Site Announcements | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Int'l BC Day Contest 2017: the winners!

The votes have been cast, and the votes have been counted... I have the honor of announcing the winners of this year's International BookCrossing Contest! Make sure you're sitting down, because this is going to get exciting.

First of all, the 3rd prize is for a lovely and striking drawing by Lesenslust. We love the lettering that's cleverly hidden in the eyelashes! Great job!

The 2nd place is for Krissa33 and her colourful picture of me on a stack of books! The books themselves are all about me, too... this one almost made me blush. Well done again, Krissa!

And finally, the 1st prize goes to a brilliant drawing of a reader under a book tree, made by Necoconeco, the daughter of Hippolein. What lovely colors! Bravissima!

Congratulations, all three of you, you can be proud of this!

See all the entries here: https://www.bookcrossing.com/---/bcdayvote
There's some great entries this year and I'm happy to say that again, just like in previous years, every entry that you see here got votes. All of these were some people's favorites!
If you see something you love, and you want to use it in the Bookplate Creator, just rightclick on the image to save it to your computer.

As we speak, our Store Manager is working hard at making stickers and bookplates available with this year's winning masterpiece. You can expect to see them in the Store soon, and they will be available for purchase all through the month of March. And all three prize winners can look forward to a prize package full of BookCrossing surprizes.

Thank you all for participating and for voting. Let's make this another BookCrossing Day to remember!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
The votes have been cast, and the votes have been counted... I have the honor of announcing the winners of this year's International BookCrossing Contest! Make sure you're sitting down, because this is going to get exciting.

First of all, the 3rd prize is for a lovely and striking drawing by Lesenslust. We love the lettering that's cleverly hidden in the eyelashes! Great job!

The 2nd place is for Krissa33 and her colourful picture of me on a stack of books! The books themselves are all about me, too... this one almost made me blush. Well done again, Krissa!

And finally, the 1st prize goes to a brilliant drawing of a reader under a book tree, made by Necoconeco, the daughter of Hippolein. What lovely colors! Bravissima!

Congratulations, all three of you, you can be proud of this!

See all the entries here: https://www.bookcrossing.com/bcdayvote
There's some great entries this year and I'm happy to say that again, just like in previous years, every entry that you see here got votes. All of these were some people's favorites!
If you see something you love, and you want to use it in the Bookplate Creator, just rightclick on the image to save it to your computer.

As we speak, our Store Manager is working hard at making stickers and bookplates available with this year's winning masterpiece. You can expect to see them in the Store soon, and they will be available for purchase all through the month of March. And all three prize winners can look forward to a prize package full of BookCrossing surprizes.

Thank you all for participating and for voting. Let's make this another BookCrossing Day to remember!
Profile Image
These three winners were my favorites, and I had a very difficult time choosing between them. CONGRATULATIONS to ALL of you!!! Can't wait to order the finished Bookplates to use for releases on International Bookcrossing Day!!! ; )
Profile Image
Necoconeco's entry was my own favourite, a very deserved first place!

Too bad my own entry didn't make it, maybe I'll enter it again next year. Or maybe I'll take a hint and won't ;)
Profile Image
maybe I'll take a hint and won't ;)

Here's your hint: you got votes!
Profile Image
Here's your hint: you got votes!

Well, that is a relief and good to know :)
Profile Image
I love the tree by Necoconeco, it was my first choice, too.
Profile Image
Congrats to all the entrants, and especially to the winners - I envy your creativity!
Profile Image
Profile Image
And congratulations to all the other persons that entered, there's really a lot of talent among the bookcrossers !
Profile Image
Congrats to the winners. I think I'll buy the official ones and make custom bookplates out of some others.
Profile Image
It was very hard but I have something with trees.
Congratulations to all the entries, they where amazing.
Profile Image
Me too. I so love trees & books. The drawing was perfectly dreamy and sweet. I'd be happy to sit under that tree and read a beautiful book.
Profile Image
and big congatulations to the winners!
I love the eye, this was my favorit ;-)
Profile Image
I look forward to buying the labels when they come to the store
Profile Image
Well done!
Profile Image
I'm very glad that I've got the third price :D

Congrats to the other winners ;) I loved the tree-drawing, too.
Profile Image

congrats

the "eye" was my favorite :-)
Profile Image
That's my kind of tree :)
Profile Image
to all. I have to say all of the entries were amazing, and I don't remember which one I voted for because I was torn between so many of them. Anyhow, great job to all of those who have the courage to enter.
Profile Image
...& well done to everyone who entered :o)
Profile Image
My prize arrived today. Thank you very much! I'm very happy :)
Profile Image
my prize - some stickers, some labels, some other items... thank you very much, that's realy nice!

Profile Image
My prize package arrived today, very happy with it! The labels look great, and the other things were really nice too, thank you :)

Edit: I have wings now too?! Another nice surprise!
Profile Image
And we're glad you like them, dear winners! They are well deserved.

So all three winners have their prizes as well as their Winner's Wings... and it looks like we're going to have a great BookCrossing Day 2017. Seems we're all set. Make it a day to remember, and have fun! Oh, and if you get any BookCrossing Day catches... please post about it. We don't want to miss out!
Profile Image
I tried to resist buying the BookCrossing Day 2017 bookplates but I couldn't! They're just so lovely :)
Profile Image
They're just so lovely :)

I know, right? They really are.
Profile Image
And now I get to have wings for a month! I enjoy having the little wings next to my name so much I might just have to keep them there ;)
Profile Image

Arrived!

My BookCrossing Day 2017 bookplates are here and they are even nicer than expected! I really recommend them :)
Profile Image
Surely a newsletter should be sent to all bookcrossers about International Bookcrossing Day? I do come on here quite often but not as much as I did, and this nearly passed me by. It's a shame that effort is being put into artwork that only visitors to the forum know about. Or perhaps there has been a newsletter and it's gone in my junkbox, though I do get release alerts etc no problem. I'm sure that noone wants to be bombarded with too many emails but there haven't been any as far as I know in a long time. I will try to release at least one book tomorrow...

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.