corner corner I'm baaaaack :)

Forum | << BookCrossing Site Announcements | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

I'm baaaaack :)

Hi Everyone, I've missed you. I've been away for far too long, taking an 10-year detour doing the tech startup thing in Silicon Valley, with some hits but many more misses.

Throughout my detour I've remembered how good I had it here at my first real website success, and I'm super happy to announce that I'm back and will soon be working on improvements to BookCrossing.

Actually, I just made the first change today.. the web server was set to block requests if your browser made more than 5 concurrent requests, or more than 10 requests in half a second. That was not a great configuration, as most browsers, especially on a fast connection, will exceed those limits. Symptoms of hitting that block include random broken images and broken scripts on the site. I was seeing those problems in Chrome, which is why I dug into it today. Changed the settings and voilà, fixed. :) Let me know if you notice the difference.

Moving forward: I'd like to hear from you all what you think the biggest (fixable) problems are with BC currently. You can use this thread to post your thoughts.

Please understand that one thing I will be particularly focused on is Growth. If a website isn't growing, it's dying, and BookCrossing has been on a slow downward slide in active members and revenue for the last several years. I have to be completely honest: if the course isn't significantly changed, BC has a real chance of going under.

I'm committed to doing everything in my power to make sure that doesn't happen. It would be helpful if, in addition to letting me know what BC's problem are, what your ideas for member and revenue growth would be.

I'll wrap this up by telling you the priority of the first three things I plan to tackle:

1. Site performance (starting with change I made today)

2. Site design (It's 2017 forgoshsakes. BC should have a clean, modern design that loads fast and is completely responsive on mobile.)

3. Revenue flow tweaks. It should be far fewer clicks to join Wings, and we should have recurring membership plans and clear benefits for being a Wings member.

Complete Thread

Previous  1 2 3 4 Next 

Profile Image
is fixed, I hope this will be considered as well

As far as I'm concerned, it won't be considered... Just done.

But I'm wondering now: what do you mean when you say 'Supply Store accessibility of bookplates'?

I think solittletime is referring to access to older bookplates - pagination, being able to click on a label image on a book's page and order it, etc.

Then I'm confused. She said 'as well' so I thought there must be two separate issues. This one will be fixed for sure.

Sorry, didn't mean to add to the confusion. They seem like separate issues to me but maybe behind the scenes they're related.

"accessibility of bookplates"

1) not being able to see/order older bookplates because there's only one page for each of the four tabs ("My Bookplates", "Most Recent Bookplates", "Bookplates by My Friends", "Most Popular Bookplates")

2) "...the ability to order bookplates that you see on other people's books (that have been registered using a prenumbered BCID)" by clicking on them

"as well"

3) showing all of the pre-numbered bookplates when they're used on a book, not just the custom bookplates

Of course, this is only _my_ interpretation: if solittletime has more to say on the subject, go with what _she_ says. :)

EDIT: and while I was typing all this, I see that you figured it out for yourself. :D
Profile Image

Smart phones

A few folk have mentioned having a more smart phone friendly site for releasing - I think also (and perhaps a priority) is a smart phone friendly site for catches. I think when folk find a book with a website label, that's what they reach for - it's almost impossible for experienced users to find their way around on a phone, let alone newbies. Glad to see you back though!!
Profile Image
On my profile I had the banner that I attended the Convention in Oxford in 2015 (and I'm very proud of that :-))
But, since a few days that banner is not showing anymore, it is only text now. I did not change browser (Chrome) or do anything else to my profile but update dates in plain text:

2015.bookcrossingevents.com/" title="BookCrossing World Convention 2015">http://bcukunconvention.co.uk/banner/2015.png"bcukunconvention.co.uk/---/2015.png" alt="BC Convention, Oxford, 10th - 12th April 2015" title="" width="300" height="100" />

The tickers I have put on my profile are working fine.
Profile Image
On my profile I had the banner that I attended the Convention in Oxford in 2015 (and I'm very proud of that :-))
But, since a few days that banner is not showing anymore, it is only text now. I did not change browser (Chrome) or do anything else to my profile but update dates in plain text:

2015.bookcrossingevents.com/" title="BookCrossing World Convention 2015">http://bcukunconvention.co.uk/banner/2015.png"bcukunconvention.co.uk/---/2015.png" alt="BC Convention, Oxford, 10th - 12th April 2015" title="" width="300" height="100" />

The tickers I have put on my profile are working fine.

My banners have gone too. I was hoping they would reappear when Reno finished what change he had been working on. If not I wil require some guidance on HTML to get them working again :-)
Profile Image
My banners have gone too. I was hoping they would reappear when Reno finished what change he had been working on.

It's not finished. They will probably be back.
Profile Image
Great. :)

It's really good to see all this work on improving the site and growing BC - thanks Reno! :)
Profile Image
It's really good to see all this work on improving the site and growing BC - thanks Reno! :)
Yes, inDEED!!! : ) Well said, greenbadger!!! ; ) A lot of time and effort goes into finding and fixing known bugs, and because tweaking one thing can disrupt another for a time because of how integrated everything is...PATIENCE is a VIRtue. On a grander scale, there are vastly more important focus areas than just the little things that inconvenience some, that need to function properly, i.e. - security, et al. Thankfully, with our TOP NOTCH BC TEAM, we don't have to worry about those things. ; ) That being said...I LOVE the "Upgrade to WINGS" icon displaying the "original" wings below the Store tab!!! ; D
Profile Image
What I find very annoying is, that I get an error message when hand entering the data for a book. When for example a search on ISBN did not give a match, I hand enter the data and press register (or OK or SAVE, don't remember the exact name of the button).

Then I get the message that all fiels are required fields (and I entered data in all) and that there was a problem registering the book.
It then looks like the book wasn't registered, but that's not true: the book has a BCID. If you fall for the error message, you go ahead and register the book again, ending up with two the same books. But you can't delete one of them.

At his point I got used to ignore the red text when registering, but it is not working nicely.
Profile Image
Please understand that one thing I will be particularly focused on is Growth. If a website isn't growing, it's dying, and BookCrossing has been on a slow downward slide in active members and revenue for the last several years. I have to be completely honest: if the course isn't significantly changed, BC has a real chance of going under.

I'm committed to doing everything in my power to make sure that doesn't happen. It would be helpful if, in addition to letting me know what BC's problem are, what your ideas for member and revenue growth would be.

BC going under would be horrible! I agree with you that there has to be growth.

One thing that imho opinion could help you get more income, is put the 'affiliates' back on the site again. http://www.bookcrossing.com/buy
In the Dutch forum people keep asking MoeM what the link was, they can't find it on the site anymore. If you want to make more money, that is one that is very user friendly as well.
When I think of it, I use it, but since it is not available through BC anymore, lots of orders have gone out without using the BC link to the various sites I use.

Another thing is, that lots of people (myself included) use smartphones a lot. When BC started, that was not the case.
I know the wish has been written to you, but an BC app or mobile site that has limited options like easy catching and releasing books as major ones would be great to have.

And last but not least: I also think that a restyling may have effect.
BC is not a friendly and intuitive site to use. For example: I've tried many times, but I can't explain my mother how to use it, while she uses YouTube, Google Earth, Gmail, financial apps and even a cloud app while I'm not around.
I think it could use a both a style update (change of colour, more sleek design) as well as a build-update (as far as that's possible: I'm a nitwit when it comes to programming). When newbies come to this site, I can't imagine that they find it easy and attractive enough to han around. Especially the young ones: they are used to intuitive sites that look fresh and attractive.

If the changes, maintaining BC and keeping up with new developments should mean that BC can't be free of charge anymore, personally I would be happy to pay an annual fee. How that could be done
- let people choose monthly $1, or annually $10 for those that do not have many funds til say $50 annually for those that can and want to pay.
-set a minimum annual amount you have to pay for the use of BC for all, and give people the freedom to contribute more
- make more features people got used to 'wings only'
I know that would be a breach with policy, but sometimes drastic times require drastic measures.

And my last suggestion, don't know if it helps or not: wield out the accounts that are sleepers. People that have an account but have not registered or released at least one book. Start looking for accounts older than ... years without activity.
Profile Image
It looks like we missed each other: you have been away for 10 years and I'm becoming 10 this summer :-)

It is great to learn that you are back and have started improving the site. Not that Bruce, Heather, Ardik and all others behind the scenes didn't work hard and tried all they could. It is nice to have you back with energy and ideas to make changes to keep BC up and running. And, what's more important: with ideas to KEEP it up and running.

If we all put our ideas together and give you and the others at BC input for plans and feedback on changes, I think we'll be getting far :-)
Profile Image
welcome back

BC should have a clean, modern design that loads fast and is completely responsive on mobile

that sounds awesome
keeping my fingers crossed, you can make it happen ☺
Profile Image
NIce to meet U !
Profile Image

Wow!

Just, wow :-)
Profile Image

RE: Wow!

Looking great! Thank you! :)

I agree that we could use lines between books on the bookshelf.

Also, the main reason I never use bookcrossing on my mobile, the large buttons on the books in hand/released and not caught. It's too easy to hit them when scrolling and change the state of a book - and if you change the status of a wild-released book back you lose the wild-released symbol. Could these buttons be removed/shrunk?
Profile Image
A different design (not majorly different, but noticeable cleaner). I like it a lot.
What I also noticed, I'm logged in on my phone, is that loading goes much faster. I'm totally happy with this already!

Now I realize how annoyed I often was using the site on my phone. Please let is stay this way or get even better! *takes hat off and says Thank you!*
Profile Image
DANKE!

Now I can See so many of my old bookplates.
Profile Image
... I could choose between information of the registrated Book Journal view or map view with all stops.

http://de.tinypic.com/---/3

Profile Image
... I could choose between information of the registrated Book Journal view or map view with all stops.

http://de.tinypic.com/---/3

Looks awesome! I'd love to see that possibility now as well!
Profile Image

Whoa!

Looking good :-)
Profile Image

Yuck.

I hope this new forum view is temporary. It's extremely difficult to read. The separation between the posts is barely obvious, so they all seem to run together.

The font on the list of posts seems much tinier, hard on those without 20/20 vision!
Profile Image

RE: Yuck.

I hope this new forum view is temporary. It's extremely difficult to read. The separation between the posts is barely obvious, so they all seem to run together.

The bookshelf pages have no separation between books at all that I can see, which makes everything run together. :(
Profile Image

RE: RE: Yuck.

The bookshelf pages have no separation between books at all that I can see, which makes everything run together. :(

I think a pale horizontal line like we have between forum posts now would be an improvement here. As it is, it's too easy to click links on the wrong book, thinking they belong to the book below them instead of above them.

Either that, or a small colour difference in the backgrounds of the books.
Profile Image

I think a pale horizontal line like we have between forum posts now would be an improvement here. As it is, it's too easy to click links on the wrong book, thinking they belong to the book below them instead of above them.

Either that, or a small colour difference in the backgrounds of the books.

Yes, that would be a big help (either option). As you said, it's very easy to think that the " edit book details | New Journal Entry | make release notes | update cover " line and the "Who's wishing for this book?" link belong to the book below if you're not paying attention.
Profile Image

The font on the list of posts seems much tinier, hard on those without 20/20 vision!

I like it, except: needs some separator between the books on my bookshelf.

And, the line above--Forum BookCrossing Site Announcments Parent Thread Refresh Search--is too pale, which makes it hard to see.

Everything else, I like.
Profile Image

RE: Yuck.

And, the line above--Forum BookCrossing Site Announcments Parent Thread Refresh Search--is too pale, which makes it hard to see.

Yep, I think the intention was to de-emphasize it a little, but it does seem a bit *too* light at the moment.
Profile Image
However the display options don't seem to load to make changes to........yet!?
Profile Image
But I guess I will get used to it.
Profile Image
But I guess I will get used to it.

No kidding: change is often hard, and can definitely be annoying at first.

I keep clicking on the "sign up" button instead of "login" - I think they've switched places. So yes, it will take some getting used to, but I'll adapt, eventually. :p
Profile Image
which I find larger and more readable. However, the new page seems too narrow - taking up only half my screen with massive grey margins on each side.

And, right at the top of the page, the space for entering the book title, isbn or bcid is much too discreet: dark grey lettering on dark green background. There is space to make it bigger and more obvious.

I agree with others that the book lists on the shelf are too scrunched up together.

Also passing on a comment from the French forum that some of the book covers we have uploaded ourselves are appearing blurry. (edited to add that I personally do not have this problem)
Profile Image
However, the new page seems too narrow - taking up only half my screen with massive grey margins on each side.

On my computer screen, I do also see the wide, grey bars on each side. A bit annoying. But on my phone, I barely see the side bars at all. Added to make the web site more mobile friendly??
Profile Image
Added to make the web site more mobile friendly??

Maybe.

But I, for one, am sick and tired of sites that try to be "more mobile friendly" at the expense of those of us not using mobile devices. I've stopped going to some sites because they are "computer UN-friendly" now.

I do not understand why websites cannot be made to work for both.

Profile Image
On my computer screen, I do also see the wide, grey bars on each side. A bit annoying.

I don't find them all that different from the green bars that were there before. I think that everything that's new to us is bound to get noticed more.
Profile Image
And, right at the top of the page, the space for entering the book title, isbn or bcid is much too discreet: dark grey lettering on dark green background. There is space to make it bigger and more obvious.

I agree!

And I would make the link on the main logo at the top go to What is Bookcrossing or Journal Entry rather than out profile page.

Other than that, looks great!
Profile Image
And, right at the top of the page, the space for entering the book title, isbn or bcid is much too discreet: dark grey lettering on dark green background. There is space to make it bigger and more obvious

And with brighter lettering so it can be found easily by newcomers.
Profile Image
And, right at the top of the page, the space for entering the book title, isbn or bcid is much too discreet: dark grey lettering on dark green background. There is space to make it bigger and more obvious

It looks quite different when you're not logged in and looking at the home page. That version is for people who have found a book.
Profile Image

It looks quite different when you're not logged in and looking at the home page. That version is for people who have found a book.

On my phone I can see the lettering, but faintly. On my computer screen I can't see any lettering in that box at all. (I am still logged in though.)
Profile Image
On my phone I can see the lettering, but faintly. On my computer screen I can't see any lettering in that box at all. (I am still logged in though.)

Try logging out and see what you get.
Profile Image
Oh yes, much clearer there, and you don't have to type in the hyphen.
Profile Image
Oh yes, much clearer there

Exactly. I'm happy knowing that newcomers to the site will find it easily.

and you don't have to type in the hyphen.

That's because that box can only look up BCIDs.

The one on internal pages has more functions. It's more of a general search box. It needs the hyphen to know that your input is a BCID. Otherwise it could be an ISBN.
Profile Image
Looking good and "cleaner" to me

Great job! Thank you for all you do!!!
Profile Image
Welcome back, and thank you !
Perhaps you can help finding out why some profiles are every few days automatically reset on "no e-mails, no contacts...". It's been for months, now, and it is really starting to get annoying.
Profile Image
Perhaps you can help finding out why some profiles are every few days automatically reset on "no e-mails, no contacts...".

That happens when the e-mails that BC sends you bounce. The problem is generally with your provider, who regards BC email as spam. Trying a different e-mail provider will often fix it.
Profile Image
Since I personally am of the opinion that the first priority should be making the site operational and functional and fixing problems, before embarking on a full-scale remodel, I hope that this can be fixed as we were told it was to be done 3 years ago and I still think it can be extremely confusing to a newbie, as it does not tell you why it isn't working, doesn't explain what you've done wrong. http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/8355019
Profile Image
as a Thank You for the work being done to repair and improve the BookCrossing site.

Anyone want to join me in supporting the site?

(Although I imagine I'll be ordering again soon, when the official International BookCrossing Day labels are announced.)

: )
Profile Image
but can I say that I feel my profile page is a little lopsided. The three books in recent activity weight down the left. Can we either have more books, or centre the three we already have. Sorry, I know I'm strange but I can't feel lopsided.
Profile Image
The three books in recent activity weight down the left. Can we either have more books, or centre the three we already have.

I'd love to see even more books there:)
Profile Image

I predict you're going to get your wish :-))
Profile Image

Thank you :D
Profile Image

Yeah, now 6 covers are showing up :-) Looks just fine.
Profile Image

Yeah, now 6 covers are showing up :-) Looks just fine.

Looks great!
Profile Image
and I love the new larger lay-out of my Bookshelf with its lovely big and clear book covers :-) And the books are nicely defined again as well - I wasn't too keen when they appeared to run into each other but was quite happy to sit back and watch for further developments . . . . .
Thank you again for all you're doing!
Profile Image
and I love the new larger lay-out of my Bookshelf with its lovely big and clear book covers :-) And the books are nicely defined again as well - I wasn't too keen when they appeared to run into each other but was quite happy to sit back and watch for further developments . . . . .
Thank you again for all you're doing!

Yes, me too. I very much like the current look of the bookshelves. Thank you, Reno and the rest of the gang.
Profile Image
THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU!!! : D

Love it too, each morning a new lovely surprise!
Thank you
Profile Image
Yesterday I noticed a new home page. The front is larger and looks really good, it now shows the last 6 books instead of 3. Don't know that this is an improvement. I do know, that I don't like not being able to edit my profile. What happened?
Profile Image
Yesterday I noticed a new home page. The front is larger and looks really good, it now shows the last 6 books instead of 3. Don't know that this is an improvement. I do know, that I don't like not being able to edit my profile. What happened?

Try this way:
home - manage profile
Profile Image
My English is not sooo good, but I absolutely want to say thank you for all the work you're doing.
It's really incredible !!!
Profile Image
Lots of great visual improvements to the site, and I'm sure that there are also a lot behind the scenes that I haven't experienced yet, well done, but...

I have two map plugins at the bottom of my profile, one still works, but the other now just shows the link text itself. Is there some change I should make to get it to work again?
Profile Image
Is there some change I should make to get it to work again?

Try removing any and all spaces in the code that come right after a fish hook > or a quote sign ". For example, leave the space in
a href
but remove the one from
" target=
Profile Image
Is there some change I should make to get it to work again?

Try removing any and all spaces in the code that come right after a fish hook > or a quote sign ". For example, leave the space in
a href
but remove the one from
" target=

This works for all the convention banners, but not for the BC-banners, the small "read and release" and the big green one

Profile Image
This works for all the convention banners, but not for the BC-banners, the small "read and release" and the big green one

It does too. Yours still had spaces. :-P
Profile Image

It does too. Yours still had spaces. :-P

Now I have the small white one (read and release) but not the big green one - and there are no spaces left...
Profile Image
Now I have the small white one (read and release) but not the big green one - and there are no spaces left...

Yes, there were. There were spaces in
BookCrossingBanner1.gif" WIDTH=468 HEIGHT=60 BORDER=0
But I fixed it for you a second time. Please don't unfix it again!
For reference, that piece of code now reads
BookCrossingBanner1.gif"WIDTH="468"HEIGHT="60"BORDER="0"
Profile Image

Yes, there were. There were spaces in
BookCrossingBanner1.gif" WIDTH=468 HEIGHT=60 BORDER=0
But I fixed it for you a second time. Please don't unfix it again!
For reference, that piece of code now reads
BookCrossingBanner1.gif"WIDTH="468"HEIGHT="60"BORDER="0"

Ahh ok because I also tried without spaces - and it does not work. So I tried again with spaces...

I did not realise that you fixed it, and at the beginning there were not those little things " (I don't know how to say in english...)

Thank you moem

Profile Image
Thank you moem

You're very welcome!
Profile Image
Try removing any and all spaces in the code that come right after a fish hook > or a quote sign ".

Counter-intuitive, but it worked. Thanks Moem
Profile Image
I have to admit that I do not know if anyone else has commented upon this, but years ago we could filter any given town to see which member was the last to join BC, and who had registered the most books/thus was the most active member. This is a feature I really miss. Is it possible to get this back? Pretty please? With sugar on top?
Profile Image
The search is still there, but it took 3 tries to get it (2 times Error massages)
https://www.bookcrossing.com/searchmembers?...
But you can only sort it by going over the proper search, not just clicking on a townname in a journalentry.
Profile Image
Thank you!
I have not tried this way, only the one we had years and years back.
Profile Image

looking good

and much faster to load here (rural broadband connection) - thank you!!
Profile Image
Each time we click on a link, the new page opens in the same window and covers the BC-page. I know that with a right-click I can open the page in a new window, but could it be possible to change that the new page opens directly in a new window?

That would be lovely!

Profile Image
Each time we click on a link, the new page opens in the same window and covers the BC-page. I know that with a right-click I can open the page in a new window, but could it be possible to change that the new page opens directly in a new window?

Oh, I'd love that as well!! Please, pretty, please?
Profile Image

Oh, I'd love that as well!! Please, pretty, please?

Please don't. I'm using mostly my phone. If every link opens in new window/tab, my time goes in removing excessive tabs.
Profile Image

My 2 cents

I'd like to get a notification (by email or as a banner at the top of the page) a few days in advance when my Wings are about to expire. When I see that my Wings have expired, I can go to the store and renew them easily enough, but it would be nice to get advance warning.

I'd mention that Where's George (which I believe was the inspiration and model for BC) does this for Friends of George (their counterpart to Wings). They also have a page you can go to at any time to see when your FoG status expires. It would be nice to have that here.

Several years ago I made a feature request, and someone from support wrote back that it was a good idea and would be put on the coding to-do list. And that was the last I heard of it. I won't repeat it here unless you ask me to, as I gather your priority right now is revenue flow. But I have to wonder if you even have a record of this (and other feature requests you've gotten) after all this time.

Oh, and welcome back!
Profile Image
They also have a page you can go to at any time to see when your FoG status expires. It would be nice to have that here.

If you mouse over your wings at the top of the page it will tell you when they expire.
Profile Image

If you mouse over your wings at the top of the page it will tell you when they expire.

I am learning so many things I've never found on the website from these threads! :)
Profile Image

Good to know, thanks!
Profile Image

RE: My 2 cents

I have to wonder if you even have a record of this (and other feature requests you've gotten) after all this time.

Support has been keeping a record, yes.
Profile Image

RE: My 2 cents

I'd like to get a notification (by email or as a banner at the top of the page) a few days in advance when my Wings are about to expire.

They bleach out some days before they expire.
Profile Image
Please don't. I'm using mostly my phone. If every link opens in new window/tab, my time goes in removing excessive tabs.

Could this be set up to be configurable, so each user can have it according to his or her preference? A person might want it one way on a handheld device, another way on a desktop computer.
Profile Image

Could this be set up to be configurable, so each user can have it according to his or her preference? A person might want it one way on a handheld device, another way on a desktop computer.

You can set this up as default in your browser - obviously that will mean it applies to all sites (not just BC), but that also means you can have it arranged differently on various devices.

Depending on what version of chrome, either the option is in the chrome toolbox, or you can add a 'click to tab' extension. Not sure the details in other browsers, but it's a pretty standard request so a search request for 'enable click to tab MyFavouriteBrowserName' should tell you
Profile Image
but where it says Upgrade to wings at the top of my profile, the word wings, in green italics, is superimposed on finer lettering and it looks all blurry.

next day: mended! thank you
Profile Image
There have been several threads regarding problems with the web site since tweaks started (some olderissues) and ongoing upgrades. Could we have a update on items on the list for repair and where we stand?
I love Bookcrossing and am on the website daily but before we worry about growth the site needs to work correctly for the current members without work arounds including:

1. FIXED-The inability to buy wings in the store(cannot input name of member)An obvious revenue stream
2. FIXED-Display options on bookshelf being covered by white box
3. The super light font/combinations that is so difficult to see for many, many members
4. FIXED-Remove or fix edit profile link button on homepage
5. FIXED-Blurry pictures on bookshelf/WL (does not fix with refresh)
6. Error messages received when registering books even thought the book got registered correctly.

I appreciate the work on the site and hope to have an update
Profile Image
Reno has informed Support that he's currently away from home to deal with some health-related issues in his family; he has, however, brought his computer with him. But he will not be fully available today, or possibly over the next couple of days, as we're sure you'll understand.

Let's send him some of those famous BookCrossing vibes, we all know they can work wonders!
Profile Image
Reno has informed Support that he's currently away from home to deal with some health-related issues in his family; he has, however, brought his computer with him. But he will not be fully available today, or possibly over the next couple of days, as we're sure you'll understand.

Let's send him some of those famous BookCrossing vibes, we all know they can work wonders!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS TO YOU AND YOURS, RENO!!!}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Profile Image

Lot of good vibes and big hugs from Bordeaux to you and your family Reno

Profile Image
Really hoping Reno and his family are all well soon.
Profile Image
I wish Reno and his family well. Safe traveling, and health issues resolved. Thank you for all you have done and are doing.
Profile Image

May his family member get well soon!
Profile Image
Sending positive vibes. :O)
Profile Image

Is Reno back?
Profile Image
Is Reno back?

It seems to me that we are currently awaiting the return of Reno's return. And I can only hope it happens soon, as there is still so much on the site that needs straightening out.
Profile Image
Is Reno back?

It seems to me that we are currently awaiting the return of Reno's return.

Never despair - Batman retourned, too!

Profile Image
Any news on how Reno and his family are doing?
Profile Image
Any news on how Reno and his family are doing?

I have been wondering about this, as well. ; )
Profile Image
Glad you asked, I have been wondering the same thing for a few weeks. Let's hope he does return and continue to improve the site.
Profile Image
Hi Everyone, I've missed you. I've been away for far too long, taking an 10-year detour doing the tech startup thing in Silicon Valley, with some hits but many more misses.

Welcome home! ;-)

Moving forward: I'd like to hear from you all what you think the biggest (fixable) problems are with BC currently. You can use this thread to post your thoughts.

I have said this many times, but I think bookcrossing would benefit from a smartphone friendly site. I have talked to a lot of people who pretty much gave up on BC because the webpages weren't mobile friendly at all.

By having a mobile friendly page, rather than an app, is thet it fits all platforms, no matter what sort of platform your mobile has (Androis, iOS, Windows, Ubuntu...) It also makes life easier for members, who now tend to spend less time on a laptop/desktop, and more time on their phone.

Current page is a tad bit better, but it still needs improvement.

Good luck!
Profile Image
(((((((((((((((XX))))))))))))))
Profile Image
Yes, sending all sorts of good wishes for health, healing and safe travelling to all in Reno's family who need them.

Previous  1 2 3 4 Next 

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.