corner corner Int'l BC Day Contest 2017: VOTE NOW!

Forum | << BookCrossing Site Announcements | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
We have already received lovely submissions from Lesenslust, Krissa33 and over-the-moon. Thank you and please keep 'em coming!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Good morning to you all! It's a brand new year and that means it's time to start the new edition of the International BookCrossing Day Contest.
For those who did not participate the previous years:
we'll be celebrating the fourth International BookCrossing Day this year.
As the day, Heather chose April 21st, because that was the day when she felt that BookCrossing was not only launched, but started to 'come alive'.

It's really simple: release one or more books on this day, and you're in. If you want to make your releases more festive, you can use the special labels and stickers we'll put in the Store.
But here's the rub: those labels need to be designed. Since we BookCrossers are a creative bunch, surely we can come up with some great labels? So grab your art supplies of choice, and start doodling! (... knitting, taking photographs, sculpting... you get the picture.)

We need your design to be in our mailbox before January 31, and after that we'll put it online so people can pick their favourite. It needs to be square, and the size needs to be 800 x 800 pixels or larger for good printing results.
Please make sure that any image you submit is something you have created yourself. Stock images cannot be entered into the contest. And please don't refer to a specific year, because we'd like for this to become a tradition and so we may be using your labels more than once.

We're looking forward to receiving your entries at this email address: bookcrossingday@bookcrossing.com
One entry per participant. If you send more than one, we will consider the last one as your entry.
Images that were entered last year, but did not win any prizes, can be re-entered this year.

If your label is chosen, we'll send you a pack, on the house! It'll come in a prize pack full of fun BookCrossing goodies. And BookCrossing members all over the world will be able to buy your label in the Store.

Prizes will also be awarded for the first two runners-up.

We are very eager to see what you can come up with this year! Have fun making your submission, and good luck!
Profile Image
Good Morning back at ya!!! Oh fun!!! I welcome the opportunity to try once again to create a label, and can't wait to see the ones created by others!!! THANK YOU!!! : D
Profile Image

Yesss!

I'll try again this year!

Thank you

Profile Image

question

does one have to design the whole label or just the picture for one?
Profile Image

RE: question

The picture alone, in a square format.
Profile Image
thanks moem, that makes life easier!
Profile Image

The picture alone, in a square format.

Oh, thanks for the question, over -the-moon...and the response, Moem!!! : ) Apparently I've been spending unnecessary time "brainstorming" the entire label for my idea. ; ) Is an 8" square good for resolution? I'm not so good with pixels.
Profile Image
Is an 8" square good for resolution? I'm not so good with pixels and such.

And you expect me to be good with inches? ;-)

How about this:
If it looks good when it fills a laptop or monitor screen from top to bottom, it should definitely be good enough for printing.
Profile Image
And you expect me to be good with inches? ;-)

HAHAHAHAHA...good one, Moem!!! : D

Thanks for your timely response...especially since it appeared as though I kept "editing" as you were responding. ; ) Being in the flight path of a major airport tends to create challenging Wi-Fi issues in regards to "automatic save...or enter" when I am not ready to save or enter yet!!! ; )

Have a GREAT DAY!!! : )
Profile Image
We have already received lovely submissions from Lesenslust, Krissa33 and over-the-moon. Thank you and please keep 'em coming!
Profile Image
We received an entry from Woolfie. But we really need some more to make this an exciting contest. As we are now in the final week of the contest, please hurry, and tell your friends too! We're eagerly waiting for the fruits of your creativity.
Profile Image
I really need to enter; what a chance of some exciting goodies! I am going to be in Oslo on BC Day... Fingers crossed!
Profile Image
I will be releasing books at the BC Convention in Oslo, and I will register books using their labels. :-)
Profile Image
Sent my entry in! I had missed the announcement, so I only got to work yesterday! *fingers crossed*
Profile Image
Sent something in too ... very first time
Profile Image
We got some more cool and creative entries from Anyrock, Morganaa, 3malglueck, BOOKWORMINUSALL, Phoenix-Flight, Hippolein and HappilyEvrAfter. Thank you so much!
Tomorrow is the last day, so you all can be sure your entry was submitted in time.
One of the entries is a draft, but no worries... if it wins, there will be time to make a final version. And otherwise there's always next year.
Profile Image
Thanks for the confirmation of receipt, and the opportunity to enter. Good luck, everyone!!! : D
Profile Image
Good luck for everyone <:3>~~~
Profile Image
Aww... that's a shame. Please save it for next year!
Profile Image
Here you go:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/bcdayvote

Some really great entries in there, go and take a look! Clicking on each picture enlarges it for a better view.

If you can't wait and want to make sure that you can get some labels with your favourite design, rightclick on the image to save it; you can then use it in the Bookplate Creator.

Enjoy! And please spread the word.
Profile Image
Here you go:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/bcdayvote

Some really great entries in there, go and take a look! Clicking on each picture enlarges it for a better view.

If you can't wait and want to make sure that you can get some labels with your favourite design, rightclick on the image to save it; you can then use it in the Bookplate Creator.

Enjoy! And please spread the word.

Great contributions as always!
When does the voting end?
Profile Image

February 15. It's mentioned on the page.
Profile Image

February 15. It's mentioned on the page.

Thanks Moem, on my browser it says:
Each BookCrossing member gets to vote; you can change your vote as often as you like, we will only count your last vote before the voting period ends, and that's on {0}.
Profile Image
we will only count your last vote before the voting period ends, and that's on {0}.

Woops! That is... quite special. I'll ask Ardik to fix, but he's quite busy this weekend. So that may be difficult.
Profile Image
on my browser it says:
Each BookCrossing member gets to vote; you can change your vote as often as you like, we will only count your last vote before the voting period ends, and that's on {0}.

I noticed that myself as well. Scratched my head a little bit about that date :)
Profile Image

Done

:-)
Profile Image
Ooh, great entries! I've got some stiff competition! Good luck everyone, I've got my fingers crossed :D
Profile Image
Done!
Profile Image

Voted

Good luck to all the entries.
Profile Image
WOW!!! VERy creative designs...MY COMPLIMENTS to ALL of the ARTISTS!!!
Profile Image

Voted

Profile Image

voted

always hard to choose, thanks to the creative bookcrossers
Profile Image

Voted

Profile Image
Voting ends February 15th. so still time to make up your mind and pick the nicest picture for a label.
Profile Image

SUBMISSIONS

*Kicking self*...I can't believe I checked back too late to vote!! (or even to see the submissions!! D'uh!
Profile Image

RE: SUBMISSIONS

Don't worry, you'll get to see them all when the winners are made public.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.