corner corner Hundreds of lost support tickets recovered!

Forum | << BookCrossing Site Announcements | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Hundreds of lost support tickets recovered!

Please relay this information to your respective language forums.

A few days ago we made a terrifying discovery:

Since about October 2015 a few hundred support tickets got stuck in an email queue and never showed up in our support system until we found out.
This affected the options "I have a general question" and "Other" on the Contact Us page as well as your replies to earlier tickets from these two options.

Usually, when you send a message through the Contact Us page, you'll receive an automated reply within minutes. If you've never received that, your message has most likely been affected by this issue.

We now start going through all these tickets and of course we strive to reply to most of them.
We decided not to reply to plain spam reports (but we have already checked and resolved them) and there may be issues which clearly are obsolete by now (e.g. resolved otherwise) which we may close silently.

Please remember: The support team entirely consists of volunteers. It may, - no: it will take some time to shovel away all these issues.

If you think your issue is urgent or otherwise important, please feel free to use the Contact Us page again (Yes, now it's again working as it should!) stating that your earlier submission was affected by the "askus bug". Please repeat your issue so that we won't have to dig it out of the big pile ... Thank you!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Please relay this information to your respective language forums.

Since about October 2015 a few hundred support tickets got stuck in an email queue and never showed up in our support system until we found out.
This affected the options "I have a general question" and "Other" on the Contact Us page as well as your replies to earlier tickets from these two options.

Usually, when you send a message through the Contact Us page, you'll receive an automated reply within minutes. If you've never received that, your message has most likely been affected by this issue.

We now start going through all these tickets and of course we strive to reply to most of them.
We decided not to reply to plain spam reports (but we have already checked and resolved them) and there may be issues which clearly are obsolete by now (e.g. resolved otherwise) which we may close silently.

Please remember: The support team entirely consists of volunteers. It may, - no: it will take some time to shovel away all these issues.

If you think your issue is urgent or otherwise important, please feel free to use the Contact Us page again (Yes, now it's again working as it should!) stating that your earlier submission was affected by the "askus bug". Please repeat your issue so that we won't have to dig it out of the big pile ... Thank you!

Profile Image
Thanks for letting us know! I received an email message within the last day or two stating that the spam issues I reported during the timeframe you list above have been resolved. Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated! : )
Profile Image
Thanks for letting us know! I received an email message within the last day or two stating that the spam issues I reported during the timeframe you list above have been resolved. Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated! : )

X 2 :-)
Profile Image
Thanks for letting us know, and good luck in getting them done. (And didn't I pick a good time to take a break from Support? ;-P!)
Profile Image
Thanks for letting us know, and good luck in getting them done. (And didn't I pick a good time to take a break from Support? ;-P!)

Thanks for your reply to me as I had totally forgotten about my original message.
Profile Image

Thanks for your reply to me as I had totally forgotten about my original message.

Yeah, thanks lytteltonwitch. Obviously I put that "take a break" theory aside to help out. The team has made a huge dent in the massive backlog, while keeping up with current incoming issues, but there's more to go.
Profile Image
Translated and posted in the Dutch forum.
Profile Image

Oh boy...I'm fairly sure none of the tickets are mine, but good luck with the sudden unexpected gigantic backlog! :(

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You *ARE* appreciated!!!
Profile Image
Translated and posted in the russian (slavic) forum.
Profile Image

Wow

You discovered the black hole!!

Won't you wish it were money that you guys accidentally discovered?

Really appreciate you guys taking time to go through the back log. Thank you.
Profile Image
My support ticket wasn't lost, probably, since I got the automated response. However, when I try to access the ticket, I'm asked for my username and password, which I think I don't have since I sign in with GoodReads. How can I access my non-lost ticket?
Profile Image
My support ticket wasn't lost, probably, since I got the automated response. However, when I try to access the ticket, I'm asked for my username and password, which I think I don't have since I sign in with GoodReads. How can I access my non-lost ticket?

Didn't the automated response say your user name (e-mail) and password? The one I got on my question did.
Profile Image

Contact BC Support by clicking on Contact Us at the bottom of the page. Quote the ticket number and we'd be happy to follow up on it for you.
Profile Image
I am a little confused. I placed an order, and saw a problem. I reported it to the Store support 5/31, and got the ticket back -open status, high priority. Then my order was shipped, without any contact over the problem on 6/2. So I sent in another query on 6/2. I immediately got another ticket, showing open status, and high priority on the new ticket. Now it is 6/5, and the open and high priority status remains for both. Is it lost? Are you just tremendously busy (which would be great and fine)?
Profile Image
Are you just tremendously busy (which would be great and fine)?

I'm busy*, yes, and also good at putting off things I should be doing, like answering tickets. Your tickets were not lost, and I fully intend to answer them soon, there's just so much to do! Sorry for the wait.

*Mostly with non-Store things. Life tends to get in the way...
Profile Image
Hey, that's why I asked. No worry, as when the order comes, I'll figure it out. Go back to your weekend. Thanks.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.