corner corner 2016 edition of the BC Day Contest: Closed for entries

Forum | << BookCrossing Site Announcements | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
We've received another submission, coming in just in time, and it's from Grubsneerg. Thank you, all participants! Now we'll need a bit of time to prepare for voting, and I'll let you know when that's ready.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Happy New Year, dear BookCrossers all over the world! How time flies. It's already time for the third edition of the BookCrossing Day Contest!

For those who did not participate the previous years:
we'll be celebrating the third International BookCrossing Day this year.
As the day, Heather chose April 21st, because that was the day when she felt that BookCrossing was not only launched, but started to 'come alive'.

It's really simple: release one or more books on this day, and you're in. If you want to make your releases more festive, you can use the special labels and stickers we'll put in the Store.
But here's the rub: those labels need to be designed. Since we BookCrossers are a creative bunch, surely we can come up with some great labels? So grab your art supplies of choice, and start doodling! (... knitting, taking photographs, sculpting... you get the picture.)

We need your design to be in our mailbox before January 31, and after that we'll put it online so people can pick their favourite. It needs to be square, and the size needs to be 800 x 800 pixels or larger for good printing results.
Please make sure that any image you submit is something you have created yourself. Stock images cannot be entered into the contest. And please don't refer to a specific year, because we'd like for this to become a tradition and so we may be using your labels more than once.

We're looking forward to receiving your entries at this email address: bookcrossingday@bookcrossing.com
One entry per participant. If you send more than one, we will consider the last one as your entry.
Images that were entered last year, but did not win any prizes, can be re-entered this year.

If your label is chosen, we'll send you a pack, on the house! It'll come in a prize pack full of fun BookCrossing goodies. And BookCrossing members all over the world will be able to buy your label in the Store.

Prizes will also be awarded for the first two runners-up.

This edition of the BC Day Contest comes with sadness and bittersweet memories, because the lovely and generous Miss Tree, who came up with the idea to have this contest, is no longer with us and we're all a little poorer for losing her. At the same time, we're forever enriched by having known her. So let's all join in spreading our love of books, reading and sharing, to honour her memory.
Profile Image

WHOO HOOO! : D

I have been wanting to try my hand at creating a label for quite some time now, even though I don't quite know how to even begin, except that just this very day, I found a "Create Custom Bookplate" Gallery in the Supply Store that may be just the starting point I need once I have some computer time...and...I don't know if I've ever even had the opportunity to participate in BC Day that I remember, but I was away from BookCrossing for nine years and only just returned 6 months ago. What perfect timing this is! ; )

THANK YOU for the opportunity! : )
Profile Image

Last year

I saw the contest too late, but this year I'm in again!

Thank you!

Profile Image
I'm not really sure what this is...
Could you help?
Profile Image
It's a contest to design a label (bookplate) for International BookCrossing Day releases.

BookCrossers will vote on which submitted label design the BookCrossing Supply Store should sell and they will print bookplates and matching stickers. The labels that members have designed in past years have been quite wonderful.

We are all encouraged to release books on International BookCrossing Day, April 21st (with the official label or just a regular label).
Profile Image
Maybe a link to last years entries will help, can anybody find it? Only can find a link stating last years voting has closed :-(.

An honor page of places 1, 2, 3 would be great :-).
Profile Image
Maybe a link to last years entries will help,

I agree. I looked for them also but couldn't find them.
Profile Image
Here's a picture of last year's winning design: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/686
The other entries are not online anymore.
Profile Image
I think I kept a picture of the one I liked and voted for. (Dunno why I kept it; I guess for no particular reason other than the fact that I liked it.) But that's not of any use because I'm not sure WHERE I kept it!

It had books flying around a blue earth.
Profile Image
What about it is unclear?
Profile Image
We are getting very few entries this year and we hope it's because you're all making something gorgeous and sending it in this week!
Please enter before the end of the month so we can vote for your label, and who knows... you just might win.
Profile Image
I've a little question: Is the last time I could send the picture at 31.01. 23:59 or 30.01. 23:59? Because you wrote sth. about "before" 31.01.
Profile Image
Good point. We will also consider entries that arrive ON the 31th to be on time.
Profile Image
Okay, thanks :)
Profile Image
and hope it will be plenty.

So, make your own square picture and send it!

Creative bookcrossers at hobby
Profile Image
Okay,so I've got the image that I will enter.Do I put it in the label makers you already have or do I send the image alone?
Profile Image
Just send it as it is.
Profile Image
Thanks!
I have entered it.
Profile Image
I have entered it.

I, too. Did you receive my mail?
Profile Image
Did you receive my mail?

Yes, I will post a list of entrants later today but I need some tea first! :-)
Profile Image
Did you receive my mail?

Yes, I will post a list of entrants later today but I need some tea first! :-)

You've got your priorities right. A good cuppa tea always comes first!
Profile Image

Entries so far

A good cuppa tea always comes first!

Indeed. I can't think before tea.

I have received entries from the following members:

Azuki
Di-K
Lesenslust
Lilapot
Boekenspookje
Krissa33

Most of these are completely new; some are tweaked versions of previous entries, which is completely fine within the rules. Let's see if we get any more!
Profile Image

Oops

Didn't realize I'd lost track of the date! Guess I have lots of time to prepare an entry for next year.
Profile Image
We've received another submission, coming in just in time, and it's from Grubsneerg. Thank you, all participants! Now we'll need a bit of time to prepare for voting, and I'll let you know when that's ready.
Profile Image
Ben benieuwd naar de andere inzendingen!
Sorry, thats Dutch for: i am looking forward to see the other entries!
Profile Image
It said voting ended on the 15th. Does that mean the winners are announced the next day?
Profile Image
Voting was closed when the 15th was over all over the world. The winners will be announced very soon!
Profile Image

re

i am waiting and I am so excited :D
Profile Image

RE: re

i am waiting and I am so excited :D

I too :D

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.