corner corner HTTP error 503

Forum | << BookCrossing Site Announcements | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

HTTP error 503

As they said it in the old days: If you tune in to your favourite BC station and get the following error ...

"Service unavailable. HTTP error 503. The service is unavailable."

... don't adjust your set. The problem is on this end. Our technical team reports a problem with the BC server crashing intermittently for some reason. They are working on it.

Sorry for the frustration. Thanks for your patience. The only consolation: it's neither your computer nor your service provider that's causing the problem.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
As they said it in the old days: If you tune in to your favourite BC station and get the following error ...

"Service unavailable. HTTP error 503. The service is unavailable."

... don't adjust your set. The problem is on this end. Our technical team reports a problem with the BC server crashing intermittently for some reason. They are working on it.

Sorry for the frustration. Thanks for your patience. The only consolation: it's neither your computer nor your service provider that's causing the problem.
Profile Image

Thanks.

It's happened to me a few times over the last few days and that is exactly what I figured was going on. Keep up your good work!
Profile Image
It's happened to me a few times over the last few days and that is exactly what I figured was going on. Keep up your good work!

Me too...so, DITTO...what jessibud said! : D

I just try, try, and try again untill I get through! Works everytime. ; D
Profile Image
Good luck in finding a solution.
Profile Image

Thanks for letting us know. It's a bit distressing to see (a number of times this weekend) but I keep telling myself that the support gang has to be working on it...

Good luck with the fixes: we're all rooting for you!
Profile Image
The site Down for Everyone? http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ is a good way to find out if it's just you or if the site itself is actually down.
Profile Image
The site Down for Everyone? http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ is a good way to find out if it's just you or if the site itself is actually down.

I usually just type "is http://www.bookcrossing.com down" in my search engine...easier to remember.

The recent outages seem to be of the unscheduled type..but as mentioned elsewhere, if they *are* scheduled, it would be nice to see an announcement ahead of time.
Profile Image
I usually just type "is http://www.bookcrossing.com down" in my search engine...easier to remember.

I don't bother to remember a thing. I have a bookmark. ;-)

The recent outages seem to be of the unscheduled type..but as mentioned elsewhere, if they *are* scheduled, it would be nice to see an announcement ahead of time.

Nope, they are fully unscheduled. As we speak, Matt is waiting to find out whether something he just changed will prevent them from happening. Fingers crossed!
Profile Image

Nope, they are fully unscheduled.

Yeah, I figured. And Matt already addressed the communication issue earlier so hopefully there might be a little warning for any *planned* outages in the future.

As we speak, Matt is waiting to find out whether something he just changed will prevent them from happening. Fingers crossed!

Of course I hope it works, especially given all the work the support team has been putting in, and I'm in favor of shutting down bots and trolls on general principles. But..it's hard to type with my fingers crossed. :p
Profile Image
Keep up the good fight! Thanks for the updates and the hard work.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.