If you missed it in your mailbox, check it out here:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/News20150829.html

Complete Thread

Profile Image
If you missed it in your mailbox, check it out here:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/News20150829.html
Profile Image

Not in mine.

But I am very happy it is back. I always looked forward to receiving it. Thank you to those who facilitated it.
Profile Image
Woohoo! Got it in my email and couldn't believe it at first - great to have it back!
Profile Image
see it back. Do we have to re-sign up to receive it?
Profile Image

I didn't get it either. I was glad to see it.
Profile Image
I'm wondering that too. I'd also like to get it.
Profile Image

If you were getting it in the past and have not changed your email address or profile settings, you should get it now. You can check your profile page, though; there's a specific checkbox for the newsletter, and if it's off you can turn it back on.

There's a chance that the emails will take some time to reach everyone; the emails aren't all sent simultaneously, and it may depend where you are in the mailing list order (and/or which email provider you have).
Profile Image
There's a chance that the emails will take some time to reach everyone; the emails aren't all sent simultaneously

Yes, I can confirm that. They're being sent in batches. I received one just now.
Profile Image
:( but happy that the newsletter is back!
Profile Image
Like a real newspaper but delivered in the virtual mailbox.
Nice reading, thank you so much.
Profile Image
a very nice surprise! Looking forward to more updates! :)
Profile Image
so thanks for posting it above.

A bit different from the old format, but I'm glad to see a newsletter again, in any format.

And I especially loved the picture of you reading your Small Animal Surgery manual, Bruce, on your posting. Looking good. : )
Profile Image

Good News!

I've checked my Profile settings and look forward to receiving it some time!
Thanks to all involved in producing it!
Profile Image
and still indicate that I will receive the newsletter so I am hoping it will arrive sooner rather than later. Looking forward to it.
Profile Image
and still indicate that I will receive the newsletter so I am hoping it will arrive sooner rather than later. Looking forward to it.

Mine finally arrived about 10 AM.
Profile Image

Yay!

…and Toronto (and anyone else who wants to join in) will be once again at Word on the Street festival in late Sept. We should have some good stuff to share after.
Profile Image
I didn't realize what it was at first. I especially liked the article about reading actual books being good for your brain.
Profile Image
Great news, thanks to the Team!
Profile Image
Thanks for the link - I didn't receive the email (yet?) (checked spam; had signed up for it)
Profile Image
So thanks for the link.
Profile Image
then try the link! Not losing hoping yet!
Profile Image
Me too. But it's good that the link is here anyhow as it has still not arrived in my inbox
Profile Image
I still haven't received mine yet (and, yes, I have ticked "yes" to receiving newsletters).
Profile Image

Not yet

I re-saved my profile, so hopefully I get the next one. Thanks for sharing the link!
Profile Image
I have ticked "yes" for newsletters.
Profile Image
Not in my mailbox either and I used to receive it. Happy to read it online anyway.
Profile Image
Or not.

It's been more than a week, and I have not received it. I've checked my spam folder, and also made sure that my profile is set for it.
Profile Image
received it by now (and I haven't), I likely won't be. Whatever the reason, since I don't plan to change my email address (a yahoo addy), I hope that the powers that be will continue to post the link here in an announcement whenever it comes out so we can still enjoy it. In fact, there may be no need for the email version if we can access it here!
Profile Image
I hope that the powers that be will continue to post the link here in an announcement whenever it comes out so we can still enjoy it.
I think it's safe to count on that.

In fact, there may be no need for the email version if we can access it here!
Only a relatively small percentage of BookCrossing members use the forums though. I'm pretty sure there are many of us out there, simply doing the BookCrossing thing, without ever showing up here!
Profile Image
I get alerts, pms, etc, but no newsletter.....
Profile Image
Then it's probably not going to arrive this time.
Profile Image
Next time! ; ) Like others here...I have checked my spam, and checked my Profile settings, and even posted a "NEWSFLASH" with links to here on my Bookshelf for those involved in Challenges like myself, who may view the announcement there.

I very much enjoyed reading the newsletter (THANK YOU BC TEAM for providing the link here!) and am especially happy to have supporting evidence that "Reading Books Instead of Kindles Can Improve Your Memory"! I have been telling people for YEARS that I much prefer to have a real book in my hands. Just nothing like it!
Profile Image
Just a quick update on how the newsletter was mailed this time. We tried a different service, which did great for delivering the majority of the newsletters sent, but obviously didn't hit the mark for others. It was an experiment, and we will regroup and reconsider mailing options for the next. In the meantime, we will ALWAYS post a link for you if the spam monster catchers snag your copy before it gets to you. Please accept our apologies if the mailing didn't get to you and know that we're figuring it all out to do better.
Profile Image
Just a quick update on how the newsletter was mailed this time. We tried a different service, which did great for delivering the majority of the newsletters sent, but obviously didn't hit the mark for others. It was an experiment, and we will regroup and reconsider mailing options for the next.

I did not get the newsletter with the old delivery method either, so for me it made no difference positive or negative.
Profile Image
In the meantime, we will ALWAYS post a link for you if the spam monster catchers snag your copy before it gets to you.

I figured you would! But I also thought knowing who did and didn't get it might help figure out the problem. I don't think, in my case, that it was spam filters, as unless I've set up a rule to delete something or put a sender/domain it on my "automatic spam" list, spam goes to a folder that I can check.
Profile Image
I don't think, in my case, that it was spam filters, as unless I've set up a rule to delete something or put a sender/domain it on my "automatic spam" list, spam goes to a folder that I can check.

Spam filtering happens at different levels, and some of it happens at the provider's level and you'll never get to see those messages.
Profile Image
THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU...FOR ALL YOUR EXTRA EFFORTS...ALWAYS!!!
Profile Image
but am happy it is back - I was wondering what had happened to it!
Profile Image
Good news!
Profile Image
and marked it as no spam, maybe it helps others to receive it as well.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.