corner corner April 21: Happy International BookCrossing Day!

Forum | << BookCrossing Site Announcements | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
"the site was launched on April 21, 2001"

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Finally it's here: BookCrossing's official birthday, the day that we celebrate the joys of books and reading. A great day to release some books and share those joys with the world!

We hope you all received your BCDay supplies in time. But don't worry, even if you don't have any special bookplates and stickers you can still participate, by releasing one or more books. Maybe make it a themed release? Please let us know what you're up to, by posting in the Release Techniques forum!
Of course, reading would be another fine way to celebrate the day...

For this special occasion, we've decided to bring an old favourite back in the Supply Store, one that goes really well with the word 'international' in the name of this happy day. It's our International Bookplate, the one with nine languages (but no English). Great for those of us who release our books in Europe and in other places where English is not the main language. You'll find it here: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/199

Happy BookCrossing Day to all of us, no matter how you wish to celebrate it!
Profile Image

Profile Image
May your birthdays be more and more exciting! Are we counting how many books we are releasing today?
Profile Image
"the site was launched on April 21, 2001"
Profile Image
Bookcrossing has been my favorite hobby for almost 13 years now. I didn't venture out to release a book today, though I release pretty often anyway. So I decided to make a purchase from the supply store instead to celebrate this BC anniversary.
Profile Image
I decided to make a purchase from the supply store instead to celebrate this BC anniversary.

What a nice idea! I may do that too. In addition to releasing books : )

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.