corner corner BookCrossing Bingo (now closed.)

Forum | << BookCrossing Site Announcements | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
We've had some winners, but there's still room for YOUR entry!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
A new year means a new reading bingo card! First 5 to Bingo gets wings! Send us your list via http://www.bookcrossing.com/contact. Wings will magically appear if you're a winner!
Thanks to Penguin Random House NZ for the photo of this year's book bingo card.
https://pbs.twimg.com/---/B8CMSV_CQAAiuic.jpg

To help out those on FB or not using public transportation:
For the square with FB mentioned, substitute "online".
For the square with bus ride mentioned, substitute "in public"

For those unfamiliar with the came bingo, it's a game where players mark off squares they've completed. When you have a row, horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, you win. (See further down the thread for more info.)
Profile Image
a link to the Bingo card? Or at least a previous thread with info on it?

Thanks!
Profile Image
how about for people who don't ride the bus nor have Facebook? That's two spaces I can't fill, although is it that I just need four in a row to bingo?

A fun reading challenge btw I am glad to see this one here. Doubt I'll read fast enough to win but it sounds fun.
Profile Image
How does this work?

Please explain.
Profile Image
Come on, gang. This was supposed to be fun!

bin·go
ˈbiNGɡō/
noun
a game in which players mark off numbers on cards as the numbers are drawn randomly by a caller, the winner being the first person to mark off five numbers in a row or another required pattern. (in this case, though, only 4 in a row, horizontal, vertical, or diagonal are needed)

The link to the Bingo card is included in the original post, but repeated here:
https://pbs.twimg.com/---/B8CMSV_CQAAiuic.jpg

To help out those on not on Facebook or not using public transportation:
For the square with Facebook mentioned, substitute "online".
For the square with bus ride mentioned, substitute "in public"

Scoring by the honour system. You have the card, tell us when you've got 4 in a row, and with what !
Profile Image
Are these meant to be books we own? Books we've read? Can't be "books we've released" because it would be naughty to release a library book!
Profile Image
Are these meant to be books we own? Books we've read?

It says '2015 Reading Bingo' at the top, so I'd assume it's about books we've read in 2015.
Profile Image
Are these meant to be books we own? Books we've read? Can't be "books we've released" because it would be naughty to release a library book!

I went and looked at the Penguin NZ Facebook page (which is public, so you don't need to be a member of FB to look at it). With the picture that is linked above is the caption:

"A new year means a new reading bingo card! How many can you cross off so far?"

That sound pretty unencumbered and looks like maybe books you read in 2015. But heck, if you want to do releases, I bet that would work, too!
Profile Image
There is also a Canadian version:
http://www.retreatbyrandomhouse.ca/---/reading-bingo-challenge-2015/?...

I hope it will be all right if we use it.
Profile Image

I'm in!

I'm going to give it a try. I think I will substitute "in public" for "on the bus," though. I do ride the bus occasionally, but it's for such short trips that nobody ever gets out a physical book. If they're reading, it's on their phones and I can't see the titles.
Profile Image
Thanks! I'm pretty sure they came from here.
Profile Image

I'm in!

Let's see what happens.
Profile Image
We've had some winners, but there's still room for YOUR entry!
Profile Image
How about now? I just need to finish one book I'm reading, and I'll qualify!
Profile Image
How about now? I just need to finish one book I'm reading, and I'll qualify!

Sure! Send your list in to support. :)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.