corner corner BookCrossing Day Contest, 2nd edition. Results posted.

Forum | << BookCrossing Site Announcements | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
Holy moly! I'd better get cracking!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
It's time (in fact, we're a little bit late) for the second edition of the BookCrossing Day Contest!

For those who did not participate last year:
we'll be celebrating the second International BookCrossing Day this year.
As the day, Heather chose April 21st, because that was the day when she felt that BookCrossing was not only launched, but started to 'come alive'.

It's really simple: release one or more books on this day, and you're in. If you want to make your releases more festive, you can use the special labels and stickers we'll put in the Store.
But here's the rub: those labels need to be designed. Since we BookCrossers are a creative bunch, surely we can come up with some great labels? So grab your art supplies of choice, and start doodling! (... knitting, taking photographs, sculpting... you get the picture.)

We need your design to be in our mailbox before January 31, and after that we'll put it online so people can pick their favourite. It needs to be square, and the size needs to be 800 x 800 pixels or larger for good printing results.
Please make sure that any image you submit is something you have created yourself. Stock images cannot be entered into the contest. And please don't refer to a specific year, because we'd like for this to become a tradition and so we may be using your labels more than once.

One entry per participant. If you send more than one, we will consider the last one as your entry.
Images that were entered last year, but did not win any prizes, can be re-entered this year. People who manage the Supply Store, however, cannot enter this contest. Sorry, but we have to draw the line somewhere!

If your label is chosen, we'll send you a pack, on the house! And BookCrossing members all over the world will be able to buy your label in the Store.

If we think of any other prizes we can give out, we'll post it here.
======

Voting has started! Go here to see the entries, and vote for your favo(u)rite:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/bcdayvote
Profile Image
I ran an Into the Wild Wild Release Challenge for International BookCrossing Day last year from April 21st to April 27th and plan to do so again this year, if anyone wants to start saving their Wild books.

Here's last year's announcement: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/505951 and the rules.
Profile Image
That's very fast! We're impressed.
Profile Image
Had a lot of fun! (No, first entry wasn't mine)
Profile Image
Holy moly! I'd better get cracking!
Profile Image
So looking forward to this! Where are my crayons?!
Profile Image
I have my entry finished, I took a picture, tried to email it to bookcrossingday@bookcrossing.com and my email won't let it go through! Oh dear, oh dear, oh mah gosh!
Going to keep trying until it gets through!!!
Profile Image
I have my entry finished, I took a picture, tried to email it to bookcrossingday@bookcrossing.com and my email won't let it go through! Oh dear, oh dear, oh mah gosh!
Going to keep trying until it gets through!!!

Did you crop it to 800 px x 800 px?
Profile Image
It says that it is an invalid address??
Profile Image
It says that it is an invalid address??

I did get your entry. Which 'it' said that?
Profile Image
It is not easy being techno-challenged...
Thank you for your help!
I am so excited that it went through, I am looking forward to seeing which entries made the final cut. (Fingers and toes crossed)
Profile Image

Mine's in!

If I have time, I'll do another.
Profile Image

RE: Mine's in!

If I have time, I'll do another.

Yes but no... one entry per participant, as stated in the first post! Sorry.
Profile Image
It would help if I read the rules! *blush*
Profile Image
I haven't drawn anything for years so thanks so much for giving me a reason to take out my artist chest. Had to throw away a bunch of pens and ink, and ended up with an excuse to go shopping at Michael's to get new stuff. : D

Please let me know should the entry not go through.
Profile Image
We have received entries from:

ApoloniaX
Di_K
kimyunalesca
Herchelle
Grubsneerg
Bookczuk
Iiwi
Tsjara
Azuki
MyssCyn

The winner will receive a special one-of-a-kind Super BCday Release Kit, consisting of (their own!) labels, plus stickers and release bags.
Profile Image
I finally sent a pdf and a pic of my entry but I am not sure if either is clear enough.
Nothing like waiting until the last minute...
Profile Image
MyssCyn, you made it in as the door was closing, and don't worry about the quality of your image, we'll adjust it!
Profile Image
Thank you! I like what I did on paper but can see so many flaws when I scanned it. Proves I REALLY need new glasses. LOL
Profile Image

Now What?

When and where will the entries be posted so that members can vote on their favorite? Though I was unable to submit an entry of my own, I'm eager to see others' designs, and participate in the results.
Profile Image
Voting will begin soon. We are preparing the voting page, we'll post here when it's up.
Profile Image
The entries (and wow, there are some great ones) can be seen here:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/bcdayvote

Voting will run until February 15.
Profile Image
The entries (and wow, there are some great ones)
Voting will run until February 15.

Wow is right! I hope some of those get made into labels that can be used regularly, if they don't win.

(And, OT but related, is there an easy way to search in the shop if we know the member's screen name, but not when they made a label?)
Profile Image
is there an easy way to search in the shop if we know the member's screen name, but not when they made a label?

An easy way? We don't even know of a hard way...
Profile Image

Ha! I guess it's another feature for the wish list!
Profile Image

It would be a bit tedious and not entirely foolproof, but if you know their name, I'd suggest sending them a private message asking them about their labels. They would know the date they were made via their "My Bookplates" section. As I mentioned, though, it would require that they respond. But my thinking is why would they not? I believe it would be flattering, and, hey - who wouldn't like others to buy/use their bookplates? Anyway...just a suggestion. *shrug*
Profile Image

It would be a bit tedious and not entirely foolproof, but if you know their name, I'd suggest sending them a private message asking them about their labels. They would know the date they were made via their "My Bookplates" section. As I mentioned, though, it would require that they respond. But my thinking is why would they not? I believe it would be flattering, and, hey - who wouldn't like others to buy/use their bookplates? Anyway...just a suggestion. *shrug*

I bookmark books with prenumbered lables that I like and want to order again. Those lables are shown above the first journalentry and you can take a shortcut to the shop from there.
But yes, I would prever an easier way, too :-)
Profile Image
I have two favourits and I guess I will keep changing my choice a few times till the 15th ;-)
Profile Image
can't be made through a quick one-item newsletter so people know to vote. I don't know how many people check this forum frequently.
Profile Image
can't be made through a quick one-item newsletter so people know to vote. I don't know how many people check this forum frequently.

It was tweeted and posted on Facebook, too. The newsletter is still on hiatus. :( But it is posted in a news item on the sidebar.
Profile Image

Can we post on each forum: bookboxes, chit-chat, book talk, etc. where a lot more BCers will frequent?

A lot of nice entries this year. Not a easy choice!
Profile Image
Can we post on each forum: bookboxes, chit-chat, book talk, etc. where a lot more BCers will frequent?

Sure, go ahead and share. We post things like this in the announcement forum which is at the top of the forum list, because that's where we put updates from the site. But you can repost it if you wish.
Profile Image
I have voted. Lovely designs and I had trouble deciding among my three favourites!
Profile Image
I voted on the day that voting started, and today I see a completely different set of entries. What happened to the cat with the newspaper, for example, that was there when I voted? It's no longer there for selection.
Profile Image
I voted on the day that voting started, and today I see a completely different set of entries.
I see the same entries, presented in a different order. The order gets mixed up every time you reload the page, so no one entry has an unfair advantage by being at the top of the page.
What happened to the cat with the newspaper, for example, that was there when I voted? It's no longer there for selection.
I still see it. Not sure what's up here!
Profile Image
I voted on the day that voting started, and today I see a completely different set of entries.
I see the same entries, presented in a different order. The order gets mixed up every time you reload the page, so no one entry has an unfair advantage by being at the top of the page.
What happened to the cat with the newspaper, for example, that was there when I voted? It's no longer there for selection.
I still see it. Not sure what's up here!

In the meantime I've logged out and then on again, and have cleared my cache, and now I can see this year's entries again. What I saw earlier were definitely other entries, including the 5-legged horse from last year, *smile*, but not all of last year's entries.
May just have been another system hiccup.
Profile Image
There are so many good designs! We have some very talented BCers.
Profile Image
a tough choice! finally had to just jump in with one of my final two and cast a vote. love that there is so much talent here!
Profile Image

now

Ah!

if I knew a little earlier...
but i voted
Profile Image

RE: now

I hope you will enter next year!
Profile Image

Ah!
but i voted
Start now! I have already started my next entry because this year there are two I like better than mine. LOL
Disconcerting when you have to vote on someone else's entry!
Profile Image

Ah!

but i voted

+1
Profile Image
Waiting to find out which design was chosen...
Profile Image

im vote

im vote now..tx for ure information

[spam removed by BC Support]
Profile Image
Voting ended February 15th.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.