corner corner Do you speak Esperanto?

Forum | << BookCrossing Site Announcements | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Do you speak Esperanto?

We don't... just yet, but that is going to change!
Moem, who manages the project to translate the BookCrossing site, told us the following:

"We are starting the Esperanto translation of the BookCrossing site! Two volunteers have come forward, and more are very welcome, especially if they are experienced BookCrossers. If you, too, would like to volunteer then please let me know."

Is this the year that BookCrossing starts offering Esperanto as a language option? We sure hope so. If you know anyone on BookCrossing who speaks Esperanto and might not see this message otherwise, please spread the word.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
We don't... just yet, but that is going to change!
Moem, who manages the project to translate the BookCrossing site, told us the following:

"We are starting the Esperanto translation of the BookCrossing site! Two volunteers have come forward, and more are very welcome, especially if they are experienced BookCrossers. If you, too, would like to volunteer then please let me know."

Is this the year that BookCrossing starts offering Esperanto as a language option? We sure hope so. If you know anyone on BookCrossing who speaks Esperanto and might not see this message otherwise, please spread the word.
Profile Image
Yes. And I'm willing to help.
Profile Image
Yes. And I'm willing to help.

That is great, I will send invitations to the translation website to you and Kunar!

To answer Kunar's message: the workload is completely in your own hands, the team decides on the time frame. You help when you can and want to. It's volunteering after all.

I'm very happy that there is a team now. Invitations are forthcoming, keep an eye on your mailbox!
Profile Image
Sunjo made me aware of this. I also wrote the following word to Moem in a private message:

"I am a native speaker of Esperanto and maybe I can help with the translation. As my time is limited (whose isn't?) a lot depends on the system, the workload, the time frame etc.

Recently I was involved in the translation of WordPress to Esperanto. We finished version 4.1 in time to be delivered with the release."
Profile Image
If you know anyone on BookCrossing who speaks Esperanto and might not see this message otherwise, please spread the word.

I am thinking of Lutecia who seems to master the language and may be interested:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/Lutecia/

(just mentioning it, I haven't contacted her)

Profile Image
I love Esperanto)))
Profile Image
Mi estus feliĉa helpi pri la esperantigo de Bookcrossing. I'd be happy to contribute, even if in a small way.
Profile Image
The new Esperanto course on DL is now 98% complete so should be released within the next couple of weeks.
Profile Image
Good to know, I am interested to discover this language.
Profile Image

Like me, who can teach me ? ahah
Profile Image

Like me, who can teach me ? ahah
Duolingo :)
Profile Image
Late to the party but I'm an Esperantist. My username on here is intended to mean "night owl" (literally it's owl-person characterised by-female-thing, so a female person who is a bit like an owl in some way). :)

Duolingo is brilliant, as is lernu.net.
Profile Image
Late to the party but I'm an Esperantist.

Not that late, because the translation for Esperanto is pretty much stuck. Would you be interested in helping out?
Profile Image
I can have a go. I wouldn't say I'm fluent though, but I can certainly have a try! What do you need?
Profile Image
Well, the translation is around halfway done. If you could either proofread or translate (or do a bit of both) as time permits, that would surely help and it might also motivate the existing translation volunteers.
I could send you an invitation to the project, that would allow you to take a look at the system we use and the part that's already done. Would that work for you, or no? No is a valid answer, too.
Profile Image
I'm not sure I got the invite. Could you send it again?
Profile Image
Will do!
Profile Image
Go ahead; I'd probably be better at proofing than translating. I do quite a lot of English proofing so my brain is quite wired up for it. Add me and I'll check it out. Ni finigos ĝin - we will finish it!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.