corner corner Int'l BookCrossing Day gifts from the Tech Team (2014)

Forum | << BookCrossing Site Announcements | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
Thanks so much, all great improvements to the site we love.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Here are some small, but nice goodies for all of us, from the Tech Team. Thank you, we love them!

- The page where you can change your profile and settings now has a link to the page where you can manage your release alerts, as well as a list of the towns you are currenty receiving release alerts for. Very handy!

- The 'search' link in the header of each forum now leads you to a search inside that specific forum. Nice.

- Clicking on the menu headers in the navigation bar now opens the navigation menus, if they weren't already opened by hovering. This makes the site more mobile friendly, because on touch screen devices, there is no hovering. So this small change may very well mean a big step forward for those of us who want to use the site on the go. Hurray!

- Here's another small but not-so-small one: filtering books by who registered them (shelf owner, others or any of these) was meant to become a Wings feature, but has now been made into a permanent free-for-all feature. We like it!

- An invisible but useful gift: changes to the Join procedure make it harder for bots (that means not people, but computer programs) to join the site in order to spam.

- Finally, a bug fix: it was never intended, but possible, to delete other people's bookplates in the My Bookplate gallery. This has been fixed after we got some great bug reports from users. Bravo!

Everybody, have a wonderful Easter if that is something you celebrate, and a lovely International BookCrossing Day! Thank you for being here to celebrate it with us!
Profile Image
Happy Easter (or just Sunday) to all!
Profile Image
Thank you Support for all the work you do!
Profile Image
That's great news, thank you very much!
Profile Image
Happy Bookcrossing day to you!

I am eating an easter egg in your honour, as I can not send it to you via the computer. I hope you got some real ones too.
Now to try out some of your goodies...
Profile Image
Thank you, Tech Team!!
Happy Easter and Happy BookCrossing Day!
Profile Image
Thanks for helping us maintain our BC habit. :p
Profile Image
A very pleased mobile user here! Wonderful gift for the first Intl BookCrossing Day, thank you very much!
Profile Image
and wishing a belated Happy Easter and a wonderful International Bookscrossing Day!
Profile Image
Thanks, Tech Team. Useful changes all.
Profile Image
Happy Easter, happy Spring, from wonderful, sunny SW France.
Profile Image
Thanks so much, all great improvements to the site we love.
Profile Image
Clicking on the menu headers in the navigation bar now opens the navigation menus, if they weren't already opened by hovering.

On my mobile phone this works for all menu headers except Home. Am I the only one with this problem? If so, I can go into more details like operating system and phone type.
Profile Image
Clicking on the menu headers in the navigation bar now opens the navigation menus, if they weren't already opened by hovering.

On my mobile phone this works for all menu headers except Home. Am I the only one with this problem? If so, I can go into more details like operating system and phone type.

My phone seems to open all menu headers while I'm on Forum pages but not on my profile page.
Profile Image
On my mobile phone this works for all menu headers except Home.

It doesn't look as if anyone else has the same problem, so let me provide more information.

I'm using a Nokia Lumia 920 with operating system Windows Phone 8.0.10517.150 and firmware Lumia Black.
Profile Image

On my phone this works for all menu headers if I'm logged in.
I have a Nokia Lumia 710, Windows 7.5
Profile Image
Thanks for all the gifts!
Profile Image
well done for all these useful changes, thanks :-)
Profile Image
I especially love the change to mobile friendly menus. :)
But... Just be aware that now the Home button does absolutely nothing when you're logged out, at least for me it doesn't, which might be a bit confusing for new/potential members. (This is both on mobile and PC)

So if you're looking at some other page on BC, and want to click on Home to get back to the actual home page, you won't be able to.

EDIT: Upon reading some of the previous comments...
All menus work fine and open for me on my mobile and my PC when logged in.
Profile Image
Thanks for the gifts, i wnat more and more the gifts in future :)
Profile Image
Thank you so much for all your hard work!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.