Don't forget to order your supplies for this year's International BookCrossing Day (April 21)! The last day to order them is March 25, because we'll need time to get them to you before the big day arrives. And this year's labels were designed by Azuki and they're great. So don't miss out, get your orders in while you can!
Don't show this notification again!
Int'l BookCrossing Day gifts from the Tech Team (2014)
Here are some small, but nice goodies for all of us, from the Tech Team. Thank you, we love them!
- The page where you can change your profile and settings now has a link to the page where you can manage your release alerts, as well as a list of the towns you are currenty receiving release alerts for. Very handy!
- The 'search' link in the header of each forum now leads you to a search inside that specific forum. Nice.
- Clicking on the menu headers in the navigation bar now opens the navigation menus, if they weren't already opened by hovering. This makes the site more mobile friendly, because on touch screen devices, there is no hovering. So this small change may very well mean a big step forward for those of us who want to use the site on the go. Hurray!
- Here's another small but not-so-small one: filtering books by who registered them (shelf owner, others or any of these) was meant to become a Wings feature, but has now been made into a permanent free-for-all feature. We like it!
- An invisible but useful gift: changes to the Join procedure make it harder for bots (that means not people, but computer programs) to join the site in order to spam.
- Finally, a bug fix: it was never intended, but possible, to delete other people's bookplates in the My Bookplate gallery. This has been fixed after we got some great bug reports from users. Bravo!
Everybody, have a wonderful Easter if that is something you celebrate, and a lovely International BookCrossing Day! Thank you for being here to celebrate it with us!
I especially love the change to mobile friendly menus. :) But... Just be aware that now the Home button does absolutely nothing when you're logged out, at least for me it doesn't, which might be a bit confusing for new/potential members. (This is both on mobile and PC)
So if you're looking at some other page on BC, and want to click on Home to get back to the actual home page, you won't be able to.
EDIT: Upon reading some of the previous comments... All menus work fine and open for me on my mobile and my PC when logged in.