corner corner !! Important !! BC-day Bookplates Recall

Forum | << BookCrossing Site Announcements | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
Made me look!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
We have no idea how this happened and we're very sorry, but apparently something, somewhere, went very wrong with the International BookCrossing Day bookplates. We have only now found out that there is an error in some or all of the bookplates, including some or all of those that have already been shipped.

If you ordered these bookplates in any language and have already received them, we will replace them if they are faulty. Please check your bookplates, all of them, carefully since we do not know whether all bookplates are affected. If you find any of them to be incorrect, please send them to the address that's on the envelope your bookplates were shipped in and we will replace them at no cost to you.
Here's what to look for: in the incorrect version of the bookplates, the horse appears to have five legs.

Honestly we don't understand that no one noticed this before. After all, the image has been up on the voting page for a long time. http://www.bookcrossing.com/bcdayvote (click the image to enlarge).
As far as we know, this is no one's fault, but we would have appreciated it if someone would have said something. Because now we feel really, really silly!
Profile Image
My horse only has 4. So, it's not all of them!

P.S. Could it be that the tail is darker on some of the images, so that it looks like a leg? On mine, it's yellow. But if it were dark... Just guessing here.

Profile Image
Made me look!
Profile Image
Went and checked before the penny dropped. Was quite disappointed to find I had a normal horse! And I'm sure there are some really off-colour jokes that can be made about a fifth leg!!
Profile Image
Heck with 5 legs. I want a horse with wings!

Hope your day is happy and that you're keeping track of the click-throughs.
Profile Image

Ha! Ha!

That was a good one!
Profile Image
You got me for a split second! Thanks for the laugh!
Good job, very thorough. :D
Profile Image
Good one!
Profile Image
Haven't purchased any but posted about it in the Finnish forum. Anything for a good laugh, I might say - but I truly did fall for it. :D
Profile Image

Great!

Thanks, you made me laugh :-)
Profile Image

Hahaha

You got me too for a second :p
Profile Image
Good one...a pinch and a punch to you too!
Profile Image

Ha ha ha!

Yah….I looked!
Profile Image
Looking forward to Bookcrossing Day!!!
Profile Image
I mentioned I had some bookplates and a host of stickies but was sorry I hadn't remembered to bring them to show round, seeing I had just arrived almost within the hour from a visit to Aberdeen. "Oh no," earthcaroleanne said "there's been a recall sent out on the bookplates..."

"What!!!" I screeched, gaining the attention of the entire crowd...

Tee hee, had us all for a minute or two!
Profile Image
Looks like another leg to me, or am I crazy?
Profile Image
am I crazy?

I won't answer that, but that is most likely not the issue here ;-)
Look at the date when this was posted. 'Nuff said, I hope!
Profile Image
I KNOW it's meant to be an April Fool but on the image in the link, the poor animal DOES appear to have an extra foreleg, as if there's been some incomplete erasure! I haven't seen the actual bookplate but I don't blame anyone who checked!
Profile Image
I KNOW it's meant to be an April Fool but on the image in the link, the poor animal DOES appear to have an extra foreleg

Of course it does. When you're going to make a joke, you can't stop halfway or you might as well not bother.
Profile Image

[Spam deleted by BookCrossing support.]
Profile Image
Maybe they are good for something, now and again. ;-)
Profile Image

lol

Thanks, you made me laugh

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.