corner corner First International BookCrossing Day Contest... the winner!

Forum | << BookCrossing Site Announcements | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

First International BookCrossing Day Contest... the winner!

Here are the final results of the voting for the BookCrossing Day Label 2014:

We've had a total of almost 500 valid votes. Thank you all!
Every label received votes; that means that there was no label that wasn't someone's favourite. That's a very nice thought for all of you who submitted a label.

Now of course you'll want to know which label won. Take a look at the submissions again, to refresh your memory: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/bcdayvote

And the Top 4 designs are:
4th place: label 15. 'Free your mind and your books will follow' by Moem
3th place: label 11. A colourful book tree by Krissa33
2nd place: label 10. Books flying around a blue globe by Krissa33

And the winner is:
(drum roll, of course)

Label 8, a book tree with a girl riding a horse and a reader, by Tsjara!

Congratulations! We love this design and we're looking forward to seeing the labels in the Supply Store very soon. Tsjara gets a free pack of 25 labels in the language of her choice, and the matching round International BookCrossing Day stickers.

Krissa33's great achievement of winning second place, and also having not one but two labels in the Top 4, cannot go unnoticed; as a consolation prize, we will send her a free pack of Tiny Stickers.

The designs that were in the contest can be used to make your own International BookCrossing Day Labels, or regular BookCrossing Bookplates, in our Bookplate Creator; if you want to do so (and why wouldn't you? There are some great ones!) then please click on the image to enlarge it, and save the larger version to your computer. Don't use the smaller version that's displayed on the page, because it won't look as good when it's printed.

And please do us a favour, and do not use these designs for home-printed labels (unless you're the artist). Thank you.

Finally: make sure you order your International BookCrossing Day labels and stickers before April 1st! We need to make sure that you'll get them in time, and for that reason, they will disappear from the Store on that day.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Here are the final results of the voting for the BookCrossing Day Label 2014:

We've had a total of almost 500 valid votes. Thank you all!
Every label received votes; that means that there was no label that wasn't someone's favourite. That's a very nice thought for all of you who submitted a label.

Now of course you'll want to know which label won. Take a look at the submissions again, to refresh your memory: http://www.bookcrossing.com/bcdayvote

And the Top 4 designs are:
4th place: label 15. 'Free your mind and your books will follow' by Moem
3th place: label 11. A colourful book tree by Krissa33
2nd place: label 10. Books flying around a blue globe by Krissa33

And the winner is:
(drum roll, of course)

Label 8, a book tree with a girl riding a horse and a reader, by Tsjara!

Congratulations! We love this design and we're looking forward to seeing the labels in the Supply Store very soon. Tsjara gets a free pack of 25 labels in the language of her choice, and the matching round International BookCrossing Day stickers.

Krissa33's great achievement of winning second place, and also having not one but two labels in the Top 4, cannot go unnoticed; as a consolation prize, we will send her a free pack of Tiny Stickers.

The designs that were in the contest can be used to make your own International BookCrossing Day Labels, or regular BookCrossing Bookplates, in our Bookplate Creator; if you want to do so (and why wouldn't you? There are some great ones!) then please click on the image to enlarge it, and save the larger version to your computer. Don't use the smaller version that's displayed on the page, because it won't look as good when it's printed.

And please do us a favour, and do not use these designs for home-printed labels (unless you're the artist). Thank you.

Finally: make sure you order your International BookCrossing Day labels and stickers before April 1st! We need to make sure that you'll get them in time, and for that reason, they will disappear from the Store on that day.
Profile Image
Congratulations to the winner. We look forward to using the winning design on our big day.
Profile Image
Congratulations to Tsjara! And thank you to everybody who voted for me!
Profile Image
That's a sweet design. I especially like the casual way Ballycumber stands in the tree. Congrats!
Profile Image
I think you all did a very good job and it was very difficult to vote.
Profile Image
And thanks to the others for the designs!
Profile Image
The designs that were in the contest can be used to make your own International BookCrossing Day Labels, or regular BookCrossing Bookplates, in our Bookplate Creator; if you want to do so (and why wouldn't you? There are some great ones!)

And congratulations to all the other artist :-)
Profile Image
I never expected to win, there were so many nice designs. Such a wonderful surprise! Very happy that so many Bookcrossers liked my design. :D

(I would like the labels in Dutch please. :) )

PS. To celebrate I would like to offer a little rabck in the RABCK forum, so please sign up there if you would like to enter.
Profile Image
Congratulations and have fun with your lables!

Profile Image
Tsjara, the labels with your design are in the Store now! We are offering them in 12 languages, and yes, Dutch is one of them of course. We'll be happy to send you a pack of Dutch labels and some round stickers as soon as they're printed, you've deserved them!
Profile Image
Tsjara, the labels with your design are in the Store now! We are offering them in 12 languages, and yes, Dutch is one of them of course. We'll be happy to send you a pack of Dutch labels and some round stickers as soon as they're printed, you've deserved them!

Great! Thank you!! They will definitely come in handy for releasing some books on International Bookcrossing Day. :D

Edit: Oh and I love how those little round stickers look! :)
Profile Image
books hanging from trees I love the design.
Profile Image
will it come nicely packaged? I was thinking about buying a set to take to Melbourne to donate as a raffle prize.
Profile Image
will it come nicely packaged?

Yes, it will come packed in a release bag (from the old stock) if you tell us that's what you are ordering it for.
Profile Image
How generous - what a great raffle prize.
Profile Image
How generous - what a great raffle prize.

I am assuming that you are having prizes at the convention. As the International Day is only a week after the convention I am sure that someone would love to win the labels.
Profile Image
We are gathering together raffle prizes at the moment so your donation will be very well received.
Profile Image
Tsjara, so proud of you.
I agree there are so many good entries! And there are several I love that didn't win. Wish we can give wins to all!
Profile Image
Thank you to everyone who sent in a submission and to those who voted. A huge thank you to everyone who worked hard behind the scenes to put it all together, including Moem, Ardik, Heather, and unsung heroes whose names I don't even know. And a huge thank you and hug to Josierivers for filling in for me when I was unable to make announcements.

I'm so glad this has been a successful venture! Now, I know that you're all going to keep the Supply Store busy with orders. :-)
Profile Image
Have ordered some stickers. I'll be in Australia on April 21st so will be looking for a book tree to make my releases on. May have to get my books from the book buffet at the convention as probably won't be able to bring books in my luggage.
Profile Image
I'm sure there will be plenty of books there to keep you happy MissMarkey - do you want us to keep aside some children's books for you?
Profile Image
I'll find some space in my suitcase for a few small books for your tree. I hope you don't get arrested!
Profile Image
a couple of days ago in a release bag. Very cool! Thanks again to the BC (support) team for organizing this! Looking forward to register and release some books on International Bookcrossing Day. :)
Profile Image

Arrived!

The tiny stickers (in french please, yes!), round an square, and post-it, arrived yesterday! Thank you very much, and thank you also for the organization!
Profile Image
Can this result info be added under LATEST NEWS please. I rarely visit the forums but have been keeping an eye on the LATEST NEWS column to see who had won the competition and when the labels would be available. I really would not be surprised if other have also missed this announcement.

Oh, boy, do I miss the ten hot topics banner that reminded me that there are forums here.
Profile Image
Can this result info be added under LATEST NEWS please.

Good idea, and done.
Profile Image
I would very much like to enter the next contest! When is it?
Profile Image
Probably in December or January.
Profile Image
Thanks for the reply! I will keep an eye out for the contest.
Profile Image
This year contest organized so you do not ?

The contest was organised this year, and will also be held again next year.
Profile Image
This year contest organized so you do not ?

The contest was organised this year, and will also be held again next year.

Also in december or january? I must keep an eye on this forum because this year I missed it!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.