corner corner News from the Store: Yes, we accept Euros

Forum | << BookCrossing Site Announcements | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
The stickers still haven't arrived from an order back in November (everything else showed up) and I'm not getting any response from sending queries. I hope it's just that it's Christmas and everyone's busy.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
We've made another step towards BookCrossing as a truly global movement. It's one of those things that seem simple, but turn out to take an amazing lot of time, patience and money... and now it's done. BookCrossing now has a "EURO"pean bank account!

This means that our European members can use a new payment option in the Supply Store: direct bank transfer. This method is one that many people prefer, and find easy to use. We thought it might be fun to introduce this new option with a special promotion for our European members. So we're giving away some extra Wingspan.

In the BookCrossing Supply Store, spend € 10,- (before shipping) or more during November 2013, pay directly into our brand new European bank account, and you'll receive an extra two weeks of Wings!

Please make sure you're using Euro ( € ) as currency for your payment! Here's why: if you pay in a different currency, then € 13,- will be deducted from your payment by the bank, due to currency exchange fees. And we wouldn't want that to happen!

Dear non-Euro-using members: we realise that this offer is not for everyone, and we're sorry about that. But we promise that we'll have a fun promotion for everyone, later this month.
Profile Image
Profile Image
Thank you! You wouldn't believe how complicated this was. Lots of paperwork. So much fun!
Profile Image
Thank you! You wouldn't believe how complicated this was. Lots of paperwork. So much fun!

As treasurer of the BCUK Uncon I believe you!
Profile Image
Now I have to find a way to pay with Euros!
Profile Image

Yay!

We heard a bit about your struggles with the banking system in Gothenburg, so it's really great to hear everything's working finally!
Profile Image

:)

well done!
Profile Image
...but I've just stumbled upon it, just by chance!!! Maybe a newsletter about it could have been useful? ;) Or is there a way to receive all news by email ?

Thanks anyway, already taken advantage of the promotion! ;)

Miki
Profile Image
Maybe a newsletter about it could have been useful? ;)

It certainly would. But unfortunately, no one is currently available to make one. Glad to hear that you found out about it anyway!
Profile Image
Or is there a way to receive all news by email ?

Links to some news items (such as euros being accepted) should be displayed at the right of your profile page under 'Latest News' (below the links to Twitter etc.).
Profile Image
The stickers still haven't arrived from an order back in November (everything else showed up) and I'm not getting any response from sending queries. I hope it's just that it's Christmas and everyone's busy.
Profile Image
I hope it's just that it's Christmas and everyone's busy.

Yup, that's right. Sorry. I will tend to all tickets tomorrow.

As for 'everyone'... that's mostly me :-)
Profile Image
No worries - enjoy your Christmas! If I don't hear for a few days I'll certainly understand. :)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.