corner corner Hej in Vadstena & Hello Reading World!

Forum | << Introduce Yourself | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Hej in Vadstena & Hello Reading World!

Hi everyone! I was excited to learn about BookCrossing! I hope people start finding my books all over the place very soon! I'm trying! Wild releases aren't as easy as you'd think! I have to be clever, quick & sly or I'm caught! Really fun tho! Would love to find one! Hoping I can "virtually meet" someone in Vadstena, Sweden! I believe some of my ancestors are from there. I'd love to communicate with someone from Sweden & trade books! But, hello to all BookCrossing readers! I love your hearts! Big hearts share books with the world!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hi everyone! I was excited to learn about BookCrossing! I hope people start finding my books all over the place very soon! I'm trying! Wild releases aren't as easy as you'd think! I have to be clever, quick & sly or I'm caught! Really fun tho! Would love to find one! Hoping I can "virtually meet" someone in Vadstena, Sweden! I believe some of my ancestors are from there. I'd love to communicate with someone from Sweden & trade books! But, hello to all BookCrossing readers! I love your hearts! Big hearts share books with the world!
Profile Image
Thanks! Hope all is well for you in Puerto Rico! :-}
Profile Image
Welcome to Bookcrossing. I see you got right into it. Wild releasing indeed is fun. It feels funny at first. One Bookcrosser said it felt like reversed stealing :-).I looked up Vadstena under Books&People but there are only 4 members and they are not very active. Anyway I hope you love it as much as we all do and if you have any questions, this is the place to ask. Enjoy.
Profile Image
Hi! Thanks! It's a lot of fun! I've learned ways to set the book down, with my purse on top of it, then non-nonchalantly get up, pick up my purse & hurry out, leaving the book behind. ;) It works most of the time...if no one notices right away. I actually love that human nature is still to try to help. :) To catch the person & give them back the book they've "forgetten". :)
Profile Image
I used to be so self conscious when I made a wild release, as you said afraid to be caught. Trust me, it gets easier over time.

I hope you enjoy it here.
Profile Image
Hi! Thanks! I'm having great fun so far! Love Maine! My sister lived there a couple years & wants to live there again! We visited her there & I've wanted to go back ever since! Beautiful! :)
Profile Image
Thanks! :) The Netherlands! How great! I love how this connects us from all over the world! :>
Profile Image
Hello in Greece! :>
Profile Image

: )

Profile Image
Hope you'll enjoy be with us !
Profile Image
Hello in Paris! How wonderful! My daughter & her hubby went to Paris a year or two ago and just loved it, of course! She didn't want to come back home! ;) Thanks for your welcome!
Profile Image
Bookcrossing is addictive. Congratulations on having a wild release caught so quickly! http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/14786873/
Profile Image
Thanks, but it was because someone so the book I left behind right after we left! lol! It is addictive! I love thinking my books could travel the globe, be in so many different hands, different bookshelves, different coffee tables! It seems so selfish now, when I think about it, to hoard books on my own shelves which I seldom touch again...when they can be out in the world, passed around & enjoyed!
Profile Image
Hello! I am Sophia, from Sweden :) I live a few hours south from Vadstena, in Göteborg. Vadstena is an very interesting place, historically speaking. Just like Göteborg it is an very old settlement. It has among other things the oldest town hall in the country and Gustav Vasa, a king all school children knows about let build the castle. I have never been there, have you? I don't know if any bookcrossers live there, but I can look around :)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.