corner corner Hello! I'm so looking forward to releasing some books!

Forum | << Introduce Yourself | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Hello! I'm so looking forward to releasing some books!

Hi, y'all!

I'd heard about BookCrossing a few years ago and thought it sounded like a neat idea, but life got in the way, I became distracted, and I never followed through with setting up an account. Recently I began going through my book shelf, setting aside books I'd probably never read again or that had looked interesting when I acquired them, but held no appeal now, when I recalled BookCrossing. What a great excuse to jump right in and set up an account!

I've lurked the site and forum the past few days and become even more excited. It's wonderful to find a group of such dedicated book lovers! I'm looking forward to getting started soon. I'm just waiting on my next paycheck-- I've already budgeted some of my fun money for BC stickers and labels.

As to my reading tastes, I go through cycles. I greatly enjoy reading memoirs, fantasy, romances, Southern Gothics, and books on ecology. I'm currently reading Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides and I'm loving it! I just started it last night and I'm already halfway through. Next on my list to read is The Family Tree: A Lynching in Georgia, a Legacy of Secrets, and My Search for the Truth by Karen Branan. I picked it up on a whim at the bookstore today and when I saw it was about events in a neighboring county I knew I had to read it!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hi, y'all!

I'd heard about BookCrossing a few years ago and thought it sounded like a neat idea, but life got in the way, I became distracted, and I never followed through with setting up an account. Recently I began going through my book shelf, setting aside books I'd probably never read again or that had looked interesting when I acquired them, but held no appeal now, when I recalled BookCrossing. What a great excuse to jump right in and set up an account!

I've lurked the site and forum the past few days and become even more excited. It's wonderful to find a group of such dedicated book lovers! I'm looking forward to getting started soon. I'm just waiting on my next paycheck-- I've already budgeted some of my fun money for BC stickers and labels.

As to my reading tastes, I go through cycles. I greatly enjoy reading memoirs, fantasy, romances, Southern Gothics, and books on ecology. I'm currently reading Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides and I'm loving it! I just started it last night and I'm already halfway through. Next on my list to read is The Family Tree: A Lynching in Georgia, a Legacy of Secrets, and My Search for the Truth by Karen Branan. I picked it up on a whim at the bookstore today and when I saw it was about events in a neighboring county I knew I had to read it!
Profile Image
I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do.

If you have questions and can't find the answers in the FAQs, just ask. We're a friendly bunch and someone will be sure to answer.
Profile Image
Welcome to Bookcrossing. I saw you 'dipping your toe into the water' so to speak, on other fora, but I'm glad you set up your own thread.
Now we can welcome you properly.
I hope you enjoy BC like we all do, you certainly made a good start with the right attitude :-)
Have fun, and may we hear from you often.
Profile Image
I hope you like it here, It's a fun place to be : )
Profile Image
Hi, y'all!

That's exactly my story. I started the same way.

I'm just waiting on my next paycheck-- I've already budgeted some of my fun money for BC stickers and labels.

You can also release without official labels. In the beginning, I handwrote my BCID and messages on the inside of the book covers.

Have fun bookcrossing and a warm welcome from Canada.
Profile Image
Middlesex! Such a wonderful book. I wish I could read it again for the first time.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.