corner corner Hello from San Francisco

Forum | << Introduce Yourself | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Hello from San Francisco

Hello all -

This is the librarian at the American Bookbinders Museum in San Francisco, California. I have a personal BookCrossing account that I started a month or two ago (@thingamabrarian), but it occurred to me - I've been releasing most of my books on the free book shelf we have here at the museum, near the brochures for other local attractions. Why not make the museum an Official BookCrossing Zone? We're a newish museum, so the more maps we can get on, the better! Anyway, if you're in San Francisco and need a book or two and a cool, unique little museum to visit, come on by!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hello all -

This is the librarian at the American Bookbinders Museum in San Francisco, California. I have a personal BookCrossing account that I started a month or two ago (@thingamabrarian), but it occurred to me - I've been releasing most of my books on the free book shelf we have here at the museum, near the brochures for other local attractions. Why not make the museum an Official BookCrossing Zone? We're a newish museum, so the more maps we can get on, the better! Anyway, if you're in San Francisco and need a book or two and a cool, unique little museum to visit, come on by!
Profile Image
That's wonderful! Welcome - and best wishes for your new OBCZ! (It's been ages since I was in San Francisco, but if I get out that way again I'll definitely stop by your museum.)
Profile Image
Thanks! I hope you make it out here. There's tons of bookish stuff to do.
Profile Image
Hi ABM OBCZ. Congratulations. I hope you get lots of visitors.
Good luck.
Profile Image
Great idea! Good luck with the OBCZ. :))
Profile Image
I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do.
Profile Image

perfect

Do You acept a book in spanish for your OBCZ?
I can send you by mail.
Profile Image
Sure! (This is the librarian writing from her own BC account). There's a large Spanish-speaking population in our area. It'd be lovely if you felt like sending us something. Thank you!
Profile Image
send you one soon!!!!!
Profile Image

i see

the address is clementina street...
Profile Image

indication

is enough to indicate "bookcrossing"????
Or send me a pm if i have to indicate your name.
Profile Image
You can address it to the Librarian.
Profile Image

today

the book started its travel!!!!!!!
Profile Image
on its way to you. It's Sue Henry's book, "The Refuge" which is book #3 in her four book series (Maxie and Stretch Mystery.) I've read and enjoyed all four books in this series. The last book in the series is "The End of the Road." Sue Henry regrettably passed away in 2013 so that book really is the end of the road for new writings of hers. Although, she's left behind some fun reading for all of us.

Here's hoping your bookshelf project will be a fun success for you.
Profile Image
This seems like a nice little museum. Been all the way across the Pond makes it unlikely I could pop up for a visit anytime soon, but still....

Do you have lots of space on your exhanging book's selves? Do people use them a lot? I could send a few random books in English and other languages to get the zone started and I'm sure other people could do the same if you think it's necessary... Let me know and Happy Book Crossing!
Profile Image
We have a single shelf, but it's mostly just two of us here stocking it (we both get a lot of book swag from conferences - she's a writer, i'm a librarian). And we're new enough that it's hard to say how much use it gets. A steady trickle, I 'd say. If you feel like sending something I won't refuse it, but we can also manage without:)
Profile Image
I think it would be fun to send a few books and see how it goes. I will try to get my act together till the end of the month and make a parcel with books less likely to be found around the US. Maybe some local authors from my country or other less known authors or something. I'll contact you in a few weeks and see how it goes : )))

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.