Profile Image
Thanks alot 😊
Profile Image

Welcome!

I hope you enjoy BookCrossing!
Profile Image
Thank you! I hope to enjoy it too 😀
Profile Image
BookCrossing may be confusing to some new members but you can get off to a better start if you look under Information and read FAQ's and How to BookCross. I've been a member several years and sometimes I still have to go back and review questions and answers in the FAQ's. You'll figure out things one at a time and after a while you'll feel quite comfortable. And, you can always ask questions in the Newbie's Forum.

To get started you need to get some books on your Bookshelf. It doesn't matter if you've read them or not. They should be books that you can mark Available rather then To Be Read, etc. Other BookCrossers will see your books and may find one they'd like to trade for one of their books. These trades often involve mailing costs but it could be a simple hand off to a friend.

Starting a WishList lets others know the names of some of the books you'd like to have and you can look through their WishList to find out what they're looking for as well. Sometimes members send books as a RABCK (Random Act of BookCrossing Kindness.) It means they're gifting the book to you and aren't asking for one in exchange.

BookCrossing is a group that you can spend lots of time with or maybe, if preferred only a little time. Sharing our book and having fun are the keys.
Profile Image
To get started you need to get some books on your Bookshelf. It doesn't matter if you've read them or not. They should be books that you can mark Available rather then To Be Read, etc. Other BookCrossers will see your books and may find one they'd like to trade for one of their books. These trades often involve mailing costs but it could be a simple hand off to a friend.

Although many of us make wild releases, and don't do trades. Either is fine, but I don't want you to think you have to mail out trades to people if you'd rather wild release in your local area. That's what I do. Or you can do both. It's up to you. It is also up to you whether you put books that are To Be Read on your shelf or not.
Profile Image

Although many of us make wild releases, and don't do trades. Either is fine, but I don't want you to think you have to mail out trades to people if you'd rather wild release in your local area. That's what I do. Or you can do both. It's up to you. It is also up to you whether you put books that are To Be Read on your shelf or not.

Hey thanks for this tip too! But I have aldready checked my area. There is nobody bookcrossing. Guess I will have to get a few friends into it.
Profile Image
Guess I will have to get a few friends into it.

This is an excellent strategy. I'm wishing you good luck and lots of fun!
Profile Image
But I have aldready checked my area. There is nobody bookcrossing.

To do wild releases, you really don't need to know other BookCrossers. You can inspire them to join by releasing books and the people who find them may be so delighted with their finds that they will join too. Best of luck.
Profile Image
BookCrossing may be confusing to some new members but you can get off to a better start if you look under Information and read FAQ's and How to BookCross. I've been a member several years and sometimes I still have to go back and review questions and answers in the FAQ's. You'll figure out things one at a time and after a while you'll feel quite comfortable. And, you can always ask questions in the Newbie's Forum.

Starting a WishList lets others know the names of some of the books you'd like to have and you can look through their WishList to find out what they're looking for as well. Sometimes members send books as a RABCK (Random Act of BookCrossing Kindness.) It means they're gifting the book to you and aren't asking for one in exchange.

BookCrossing is a group that you can spend lots of time with or maybe, if preferred only a little time. Sharing our book and having fun are the keys.

Hi man thanks for these wonderful tips. Makes it much easier. Really thanks alot!
Profile Image

Hi!

Welcome from the UK :)
Profile Image
just get started and enjoy the excitement..

I personally love wild releases

free your books and your mind will follow ☺♥☺
Profile Image
I would spend some time around the site, checking the various forums and also the tabs on the top bar, like the Go Hunting pages, the Bookplate Galleries, the FAQ etc. It helps to get a grasp on how things work with BookCrossing...

Enjoy it here and stay with us : )
Profile Image
Hi im newbie here too. Sorry i couldn't help you with tips right now. But in the future i will :)
Profile Image
Enjoy your stay here. I hope it will be a long one.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.