corner corner Joyfully Returning!

Forum | << Introduce Yourself | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Joyfully Returning!

Hello All! I am jumping in again with both feet in a new state after a move due to Husbands job and now that our 3 kids are older, I have more time on my hands to read! I have to start fresh with labels...Any suggestions? How do I get the word out in our small town? I'm abit rusty. Thanks everyone!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hello All! I am jumping in again with both feet in a new state after a move due to Husbands job and now that our 3 kids are older, I have more time on my hands to read! I have to start fresh with labels...Any suggestions? How do I get the word out in our small town? I'm abit rusty. Thanks everyone!
Profile Image
Hi SCA2003, Welcome back. You started BC long before I did but it's nice to see some one return.
I would say just start releasing books again and see how it goes.
The FAO's under information might be helpful.
Good Luck.
Profile Image
I hope you enjoy it here your second time around.
Profile Image
It's good to see you here.
Profile Image
Welcome Back! :))
Profile Image

Hi!

Welcome back :)
Profile Image
Hi hope i could help right but im still figuring this out. Im new here. But in the future im glad to help.
Profile Image
Hi! I'm glad you're back! I hope you enjoy BC your second time around.
As for spreading the word, I'm dealing with that problem too. My advice is to:
1. Tell some friends,
2. Release books (obviously!)
3.Set up an OBCZ
4. Once you have about 4 or 5 BCers in your area, maybe you could organize a monthly meetup!
Let me know how it goes, or if you find another strategy that works! :)
Profile Image
Re labels, you can either purchase them from the Supply Store and this helps to fund Bookcrossing - look for the yellow bar marked 'Store' on top right hand of headings or to download your own for free go to Home and then Book Labels.
Try releasing a few books in a suitable spot regularly and then let it be known that it is you and progress from there. Good Luck.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.