corner corner Hello från Sweden!

Forum | << Introduce Yourself | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Hello från Sweden!

Hello everyone! I've been a member here for 2 weeks now and I think this is fantastic!

I live in middle Sweden, in the small town Kristinehamn. I have two cats that is my biggest love in life, for the moment. I love nature and animals and I do what I can to help out and keeping the nature from getting destroid. Everything I buy that can be recycle, I recycle. And thats where my problem with the books showed up!

I found out about this place from another bookcrosser, when I was asking in a Facebookgroup, how I can get rid of all the read books that just takes a huge amount of space in the bookshelf. And here I am!
I have read book for as long as I can remember. I LOVE to sit down with a fresh new book, not knowing where you're going or how long you’ll be gone in this book. And then suddenly you realise you've been reading for a couple of hours!
I can read everything, haven't got any favorite category. Mostly I read books in swedish, but I would like to read more english books as well.

I will defenitely make sure my friends joins this place so we becomes even more!
Happy bookcrossing from Sweden :)
Love xoxo

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hello everyone! I've been a member here for 2 weeks now and I think this is fantastic!

I live in middle Sweden, in the small town Kristinehamn. I have two cats that is my biggest love in life, for the moment. I love nature and animals and I do what I can to help out and keeping the nature from getting destroid. Everything I buy that can be recycle, I recycle. And thats where my problem with the books showed up!

I found out about this place from another bookcrosser, when I was asking in a Facebookgroup, how I can get rid of all the read books that just takes a huge amount of space in the bookshelf. And here I am!
I have read book for as long as I can remember. I LOVE to sit down with a fresh new book, not knowing where you're going or how long you’ll be gone in this book. And then suddenly you realise you've been reading for a couple of hours!
I can read everything, haven't got any favorite category. Mostly I read books in swedish, but I would like to read more english books as well.

I will defenitely make sure my friends joins this place so we becomes even more!
Happy bookcrossing from Sweden :)
Love xoxo
Profile Image
You have certainly come to the right place. Glad to have you on board!
Profile Image
Great you found it here!
Profile Image
I hope you will enjoy Bookcrossing! :))
Profile Image
I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do!
Profile Image
You're so fortunate to live in a most interesting part of the world-Scandinavia! It's so scenic and the history of the area is certainly valued by the people who live there. I hope you find new friends around the world as well as "cementing" you own group of people you already know from Sweden.

To become an active member you'll have to be a little assertive. Don't just wait for people to approach you or send you books. Try to expand your Bookshelf with books that tempt others to contact you for trading if you decide to do that or look at the WishLists of other members and see if they're wishing for a book you might happen to have. They may have a book on their Shelf that you'd enjoy. PM them and ask if they'd like to trade. It's one way to begin getting acquainted. You, yourself, don't need to have read a book to register and trade it.

I'm a cat lover, too, but I'm not sure if we own them or they own us. I definitely feel that my cat thinks the house is hers and she lets us live here, too. I'm sending you a paperback book called "Cat Raise the Dead" by Shirley Rousseau Murphy. You'll have to be a little open-minded to enjoy it as two of the main characters are cats who can understand and speak English as well as read the morning paper. At first I wasn't sure I'd like this series but it turned out to be fun reading. The book I'm sending is #3 of a series of 19. It's a "cozy" mystery. In other words, an entertaining mystery with the violence, profanity, sex kept off-stage. So someone may be murdered but you don't have to read all the gory details. The mysteries are generally solved by clever sleuthing.
Profile Image
Try to expand your Bookshelf with books that tempt others to contact you for trading if you decide to do that or look at the WishLists of other members and see if they're wishing for a book you might happen to have.

Or just start doing wild releases. It's the core activity of BookCrossing, lots of fun and a great way to make more space in your bookshelf. Trading doesn't really help with that.
Profile Image
Welcome from Australia. I see you have got off to a flying start, already registering 51 books! Hope you have lots of fun on this site.
Profile Image
Looks as if you've spent lots of time adding books. It's one of the best things you can do.

Hope your releasing-Wild and Controlled-gets busy from here. It's all fun!
Profile Image
Doing wild releases is a lot of fun. Or you ask the manager of a restaurant or a café if you may leave some books there for free takeaway.
Profile Image

Welcome!

Profile Image
glad to have you with us...

I love wild releases
that still is exciting for me

if you need help, just let us know
and if you have questions, just ask - we are friendly people ☺
Profile Image

Hello glad to have you here. Enjoy
Profile Image
I know just what you mean about a new fresh book, I love that feeling too.
Profile Image

Good for You!

You're off to a great start. Lots of BookCrossers have welcomed you so we hope you feel right at home. Having so many books already registered and listed as Available as well as TBR should help you get into the action. Don't forget about writing Journal Entries when you receive a book and Release Notes when you pass them on-whether it's a Controlled or Wild Release or even a RABCK. Good Luck.
Profile Image
You're off to a great start. Lots of BookCrossers have welcomed you so we hope you feel right at home. Having so many books already registered and listed as Available as well as TBR should help you get into the action. Don't forget about writing Journal Entries when you receive a book and Release Notes when you pass them on-whether it's a Controlled or Wild Release or even a RABCK. Good Luck.

Received a package from you yesterday (friday), wrote a journal entry on each of the books just a couple of minutes ago. I think I made it the right way but I'm not fully sure, but I hope so. Thank you so much for the books! :-)
Profile Image
for the prompt Journal Entries for the two books I sent you. I'm sure everyone enjoys reading Journal Entries and knowing where their books are. Both of these authors, Binchy and Rutherfurd, seem to be in demand so I hope after you read them you won't have much trouble finding them a new home.

I'm busy reading a Cozy Mystery series. Cozies are easy and fun to read. Have a pleasant summer.
Profile Image

welcome

hello form Argentina!
Profile Image
This is a perfect place for dealing with those books!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.