corner corner How many of us are translators?

Forum | << Activists, Enthusiasts, Hobbyists and Wannabees | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

How many of us are translators?

Literary or not?
From what languages into what languages?
I am a lit translator from english into italian for prose and from english/french/spanish for poetry
rossella

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Literary or not?
From what languages into what languages?
I am a lit translator from english into italian for prose and from english/french/spanish for poetry
rossella
Profile Image

I am.

From english an spanish to greek. Mostly literature.
Profile Image

me too

Medical/pharmaceutical

Croatian, Slovenian, Polish, French, German, Spanish into English.
I've been moonlighting for 3 years and went full time freelance last month.

I'm here on false pretences. I'm not an activist yet, but am about to release my first book tomorrow.
Profile Image

and me

Non-literary - law, finance, accounting, environment, land-use planning, etc. I work in a company that does both translation, interpretation and teaching in international competence.

I translate Danish into English and vice versa (could do Spanish-Danish, but clients never seem to request it...)

Welcome, tehuti - there's no requirement to be an "activist" to be on the forums, but I sure hope you will become one - it's great fun!
Profile Image
Let's just say I'm thinking (again) about getting started with proper translations.
Would any of you pros have any recommendations for where and how to get started? Especially for translating books.
I've done software localization before, but that's light years from translating literature.
And the literature translation part I've done years ago didn't include hunting for book publishers or literature pieces... where would one get started?

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.