corner corner Help the world...

Forum | << Activists, Enthusiasts, Hobbyists and Wannabees | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Help the world...

http://www.npr.org/---/they-had-a-million-dollar-idea-about-better-day-care-in-urban-slums

One of the NON-winning ideas was to put libraries in laudromats so that parents and children could learn together when they're not busy folding clothes.

If you want to make a difference in the world, put a book in a laundromat.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
http://www.npr.org/---/they-had-a-million-dollar-idea-about-better-day-care-in-urban-slums

One of the NON-winning ideas was to put libraries in laudromats so that parents and children could learn together when they're not busy folding clothes.

If you want to make a difference in the world, put a book in a laundromat.
Profile Image
Laundromats are not common here; at least where I live. I did a search for laundromats in Canberra, as I didn't know where to find one, and only found the address' for four. Our population is about 400,000. There might be others...perhaps. Caravan parks/camping grounds usually have washing facilities though, with clothes lines. Often poorer people live in caravan parks, although from what I have seen, staying in these places when travelling, it is mostly older people, rather than children. But perhaps the places I stayed were not typical. I guess one could hang books on the clothesline, with permission of course (so they won't be removed and thrown out) from the park owners. Hum, that's given me an idea for when I next stay in a park. I should pack some old pegs, as well as books and plastic bags.
Profile Image
Very cool. Laundromats can be very boring places, too. Great idea to leave some books there, and ones aimed at children!
Profile Image
Very cool. Laundromats can be very boring places, too. Great idea to leave some books there, and ones aimed at children!

I release at laundromats since there several here that are open all night long and I am often out releasing at night when most other places that I release are already closed.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.