corner corner What do you do when you find your "in the wild" books?

Forum | << Activists, Enthusiasts, Hobbyists and Wannabees | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
If it's a safe, sheltered location I might leave the book there, but otherwise I'd take it back and release it elsewhere. [Sometimes I spot books of mine in secondhand bookstores or thrift stores; in those cases, I usually leave them, but will make a note of the BCID so I can add the current location to the release notes. If it's a book that I know would work for an upcoming challenge or bookbox, I might even buy it back.]

It is possible that a book could have been taken, read, and returned to roughly the same spot; that happens at some of the local book-swap shelves. But if you're sure that the book's just been sitting there - or if you have a better release spot in mind - then go ahead and move it!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Out and about today, and I found two of my releases... one that was released a block east of my house, and in 3 years traveled two blocks west. The other I released before Christmas, and it's been sitting on a ledge at the Safeway Starbucks ever since, so I picked it up, and will try and release it somewhere else. Obviously no one wanted them in those locations, right?
Profile Image
If it's a safe, sheltered location I might leave the book there, but otherwise I'd take it back and release it elsewhere. [Sometimes I spot books of mine in secondhand bookstores or thrift stores; in those cases, I usually leave them, but will make a note of the BCID so I can add the current location to the release notes. If it's a book that I know would work for an upcoming challenge or bookbox, I might even buy it back.]

It is possible that a book could have been taken, read, and returned to roughly the same spot; that happens at some of the local book-swap shelves. But if you're sure that the book's just been sitting there - or if you have a better release spot in mind - then go ahead and move it!
Profile Image
It is possible that a book could have been taken, read, and returned to roughly the same spot; that happens at some of the local book-swap shelves.

I had one OBCZ where it looked as though books were not being taken. But each time I mentioned it the staff said, No, people take them and read them and bring them back.

I've done both, sometimes I will take a book I find back to re-release elsewhere, sometimes I'll leave it where it is. It just depends on what you prefer to do. Your choice.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.