corner corner College Campus BX?

Forum | << Activists, Enthusiasts, Hobbyists and Wannabees | << Parent Thread | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image
Congrats on the catch!

As for getting BookCrossing going on campus - first, I'd check and see whether there are any existing book-swap shelves, perhaps in the dorms or common areas. There might also be some Little Free Libraries in the area, and those make nice spots to release books - though I'm also fond of themed releases such as the one you describe.

If there aren't any existing book-swap locations, you might see whether your dorm/student-union/etc. might be interested in one, whether it's explicitly labeled as an Official BookCrossing Zone or not.

The OBCZ Managers forum has more suggestions for getting an OBCZ going, and for acquiring more books if you find that you need them.

Good luck!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hello fellow bookcrossers! I've had this account for years, yet I've never been able to do a whole lot. But now I'm actually sitting on a small- ok, hoard, of books and I live somewhere with high concentrations of people.

Perfect for bookcrossing! I'm thinking that if I can find some way to supply myself with books, this could be quite successful.

I ramble horribly. But my question is whether there's anyone out there willing to give any tips on introducing bookcrossing to a college campus. As far as I can tell there isn't really a presence here. I released my first one here today, and as a good omen it was caught and logged very quickly.

I don't know if it will help at all, but I plan to have a little fun with "themes" of a sort. For example, today I released a "business thriller" outside the business school.

I even made a twitter account. I'm so hip.
Profile Image
Congrats on the catch!

As for getting BookCrossing going on campus - first, I'd check and see whether there are any existing book-swap shelves, perhaps in the dorms or common areas. There might also be some Little Free Libraries in the area, and those make nice spots to release books - though I'm also fond of themed releases such as the one you describe.

If there aren't any existing book-swap locations, you might see whether your dorm/student-union/etc. might be interested in one, whether it's explicitly labeled as an Official BookCrossing Zone or not.

The OBCZ Managers forum has more suggestions for getting an OBCZ going, and for acquiring more books if you find that you need them.

Good luck!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.