corner corner Internatoinal Bookcrossing Day is coming! Mark your calenders!

Forum | << Activists, Enthusiasts, Hobbyists and Wannabees | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Internatoinal Bookcrossing Day is coming! Mark your calenders!

April 21, 2014 will mark the first ever International Bookcrossing Day. How can you participate? It's easy! On that date, April 21, 2014, according to your own time zone or side of the date line, just release a book, or as many books as you'd like! The point is to get as many bookcrossers from around the world to participate in a mass release on the same date as possible.

There will be future announcements, and might even be more fun in the works, so stay tuned!

I would like to publicly thank josierivers, who has kindly agreed to be involved on this project with me. Many thanks, Josierivers!!!!!!!!!!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
April 21, 2014 will mark the first ever International Bookcrossing Day. How can you participate? It's easy! On that date, April 21, 2014, according to your own time zone or side of the date line, just release a book, or as many books as you'd like! The point is to get as many bookcrossers from around the world to participate in a mass release on the same date as possible.

There will be future announcements, and might even be more fun in the works, so stay tuned!

I would like to publicly thank josierivers, who has kindly agreed to be involved on this project with me. Many thanks, Josierivers!!!!!!!!!!
Profile Image
Yay, I will book the day off after the Easter festivities and cover the city in books!
Profile Image
Now there is an event page on Facebook that we can all use to invite other Bookcrossers (and use as a launchpad to invite others to join) to participate!
Please use as you see fit!
https://www.facebook.com/---/562181440539003/
Profile Image
I will try to collect some books to release on that day ;-) It will keep my stats a little low the first months, but I think it might be worth it.
Profile Image
It looks as if we're all going to be out releasing books on Monday because if you look on the 'Go Hunting' page the figure for the UK for books released in last 30 days is 1,581, which I'm certain is quite low.

I shall try to release a book that day .....
Profile Image
Met 2 other bookcrossers (Zimort & notnot) in Trondheim, Norway and we released books together all over town, think it was about 30 books in total. Also used the #IntlBCDay on Instagram.
Profile Image

Released 100

Lots of fun - but, oh, the logging and updating my own records! But all worth while.

In the process, I visited 20 Little Free Libraries, too.
Profile Image
Wowza!! Well done!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.