corner corner book reviews

Forum | << Activists, Enthusiasts, Hobbyists and Wannabees | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

book reviews

I usually release books just after I've read them. I would love it if I could see what everyone else thought of the book before I released it - if a sort of review page came up when I was registering/releasing the book. i know you can do this in journal but is there a way to just browze through and see what people thought of books you've released?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I usually release books just after I've read them. I would love it if I could see what everyone else thought of the book before I released it - if a sort of review page came up when I was registering/releasing the book. i know you can do this in journal but is there a way to just browze through and see what people thought of books you've released?
Profile Image
There's no easy way to see book reviews across more than one book - and as many people don't write book reviews at all, even if you could do a "show me all the JEs on books of this title", most of the entries would be of the "caught it/liked it/hated it/released it" variety. There have been discussions of this in the Features forum, with requests for some way to identify books that did have reviews, so as to be able to see reviews per title rather than per book, but there's nothing in place so far.

If you click on the global-overview link on your book, you'll get a page that (usually) has some kind of Amazon or other publisher review, and that has links to other registered copies, so you can use that as a shortcut for searching for titles yourself - but either way, you'd still have to scan the list of matching titles and either click on each one to see its JEs, or look for books with multiple journalers and/or with star-ratings, which might mean a greater likelihood that there are comments about the book. [If you're interested in reviews other than by BCers, you can always click through the "bookseller" links to Amazon or one of the other affiliates and read the reviews there.]

Or you could search the Book Talk forum to see if anyone's discussed that title there - and you can always mention your own recent reads in the latest "what we're reading" thread, mentioning your reaction to the book and inviting comments from others.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.